H80i Disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly.

H80i Disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly.

It keeps making the disconnecting and reconnecting sound whenever the pump turns off and back on, as for some reason the pump keeps restarting every 5 seconds or so

(Blasting fans at full speed when it turns off and as soon as they're meant to go back to normal it turns off and turns on again)

I tried:

Re-installing corsair link

Changing over fan connections

Unplugging the corsair link usb

Any ideas?

Sounds like a loose wire with the power connector or something.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Sounds like a loose wire with the power connector or something.

Went over all the wires, they seem to be fully connected, maybe one of them snapped? But wouldn't that cause full shut down rather than the constant restarting ?

Check the power for it (aka the sata power). It probably isn't the USB connection because it would run fine without connecting to your motherboard. Check your PSU and the H80i Sata Power

Check the power for it (aka the sata power). It probably isn't the USB connection because it would run fine without connecting to your motherboard. Check your PSU and the H80i Sata Power

Just re-checked them, they seem to be properly plugged in.

I'm starting to think the pump is slowly killing itself.

It's probably a defective product then. Can you still RMA it?

Yes, contacted the retailer and they said I'll have to send it in for testing; though they said if they don't find anything that they consider broken they'll charge me £30

And after reading some reviews of people about their RMA service it seems they deemed some broken products as working, so feeling a bit worried