Borderlands single player = so much death

DeViLzzz

Borderlands single player = so much death ... at least for me.  I hate games like where you get these infinite amount of lives and then also when I faced a boss I killed him but when it started it up this time he had no adds right away helping him. :S  I also don't mind respawns but the amount I had to head back into after killing him was ridiculous!  Anyone kind of dislike Borderlands as a single player game?

Borderlandscover.jpg

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I dislike Borderlands, but not for the reason you stated.

Borderlands is an overdone game with crappy drop tables and poorly designed gameplay, imo.

Borderlands is my favorite franchise. 2 being my favorite..the pre sequel was a let down though.

OP go do some mob killing a level up a bit more then go back for the fight. Also use elemental weapons.

Fire for flesh (red bar)
Shock for shield (blue bar)
corrosive for armor (yellow bar)
Explosive is good all around but weaker than a specific elemental vs it's corresponding weakness.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Yes, the first one was rather difficult until you got a good weapon upgrade. The second one was a bit more adaptive in this. Both 1 and 2 are good games. I haven't got the prequel yet.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

borderlands its a great game if you like its sence of humor, but if you dont you could hate it... so if you think you are dying too much it maybe time to gain some more levels or better weapons, i finnish it all by myself both this and the second one which i like the best cus improves alot of things, so in conclusion if you are not having fun with the game just quit playing it and do something else.... imo you have to play only the games that you are having fun with otherwise why bother?

I really couldn't get into borderlands. In some part because of that death system. Among other reasons

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Guys I guess I could always replay this in the future and just try to die less. LOL  Still even in doing that it doesn't solve the problem of bosses not having adds respawned every single time for boss fights.  So disappointed that this doesn't happen. :S  I am surprised it was never patched in.

Oh and let me state I said I kind of dislike Borderlands for it's flaws but honestly I play this time and time again coming back to it with it's flaws so there must be something good about it.  I think in a second play through I might like it more.

Btw thanks for the information on the weps to use vs certain bosses/enemies.  Also let me say I do kill random crap to level up.  I knew enough to do that cuz I am a bad.

Oh and finally using my gaming mouse properly and using different buttons for say things like grenade throw and crouch are helping and put melee on another button I wasn't using.  I wasn't able to melee at times when I wanted to in this game cuz I found it hard to reach for certain key so yeah.  Btw  I have the Logitech G300.

... and I think talking about the game with others today is helping as I am realizing some things like making sure you are using the right weapons for the right range/distance from the enemy and not being a pussy sometimes and getting right in there and fighting instead of trying to kill everything from a distance.  I have to learn to read the fights better.

I liked the first one finished it twice.  the second one was way too hard I gave up on that first stupid boss at like lv 4.

Both 1 and 2 have about the most horrendous console port to PC user interface I have ever seen though they were so lazy on #1 that the mouse doesnt work on half of it and it will say [ ENTER ] instead of putting a UI icon up.  Not sure if they fixed it on the prequel one.

I am having fun and still playing this game.  I don't know how many hours I have played today but some might say too many.  Anyway I am at the point where I am a little frustrated with another part of the game.  Why is it when there is only one person trying to get in a vehicle it will still throw me in the turret seat?  I mean seriously.  Wth?  Also when you drive around in the vehicle and you shoot without someone in the turret seat it only fires straight ahead even if you are turning the gun automatically.  Graphically what it shows does not match where the bullets are being fired.  It is stupid.  Anyway like I said still having fun with the game.  It is the fun weapons, the boss fights and the great graphics that keep me playing.

So...you are complaining about dying from a boss without a way to revive?

Way more games do not let you respawn from killing adds at all...

Why not play better?  Or play Borderlands 2?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

• 3 weeks later...

So...you are complaining about dying from a boss without a way to revive?

Way more games do not let you respawn from killing adds at all...

Why not play better?  Or play Borderlands 2?

You didn't read my posts correctly at all.