MetallicAcid's ROG V Gene TJ08-E

oh my god!!!! every "bend" makes me chill :lol:

amazing work man, honest! i'm loving this more and more every update!

Thank You!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

the turns on that tubing is niiiiice

amazing, love the design :)

I am infinitely impressed with this, hand on heart this is the coolest PC I've ever seen.

oh my god!!!! every "bend" makes me chill :lol:

amazing work man, honest! i'm loving this more and more every update!

Thank You!

Wow guys! With my entire heart, I thank you guys for the kind comments. This is just adding more fuel to the modding fire ;)

Update

SO, I am going to reward you with a design update of sorts :D Today's work day has been spent on designing a GPU backplate. I am really happy with this design so far! I will be able to implement my design on the graphic card, and be able to cover over that green logo which will clash with the red lighting. Here, take a look:

gpu2_zpscf6a7c6d.jpg

gpu4_zps64a6083e.jpg

gpu3_zps7e596d52.jpg

gpu1_zps5b85ce67.jpg

What is everybody's opinion about this design?

With thanks to my sponsor Aquatuning!

logo_aquatuning_se_zpsf074b83f.jpg

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

It's so sexy :') You're doing pretty good brother :)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Wow guys! With my entire heart, I thank you guys for the kind comments. This is just adding more fuel to the modding fire ;) 

SO, I am going to reward you with a design update of sorts :D Today's work day has been spent on designing a GPU backplate. I am really happy with this design so far! I will be able to implement my design on the graphic card, and be able to cover over that green logo which will clash with the red lighting. Here, take a look:

gpu2_zpscf6a7c6d.jpg

gpu4_zps64a6083e.jpg

gpu3_zps7e596d52.jpg

gpu1_zps5b85ce67.jpg

What is everybody's opinion about this design?

That looks so awesome

MetallicAcid

This one of the best custom computers I've ever seen. The custom fittings and lighting remind me of lava flows and look just right. It's a smaller computer as well which is a bonus.

Nice work. ROG theme is a bit boring but the work is really nicely executed :)

It's so sexy :') You're doing pretty good brother :)

I just love the work you've done. For inspiration about graphic card cover/backplate, I'll give you this photo from polish forum >worklog<

8utuk7.jpg

That looks so awesome

This one of the best custom computers I've ever seen. The custom fittings and lighting remind me of lava flows and look just right. It's a smaller computer as well which is a bonus.

So the backplate was a hit then! :) And that you for the link spec. That guys build was nothing short of amazing! I will try and get some work done on the plate tomorrow, and see how it turns out. I do not have any m3-6mm screws laying around to do a test fit right away, so I might have to make a trip down to the hardware store and pick some up. But I am wondering, will I need rubber spacers between the PCB and the alu plate? I am asking this as every single backplate that I have looked at does not require them. Any help would be appreciated!

MetallicAcid

you have to be really careful.  Yes, you need some spacers and some thermal pads where the cover will touch the PCB.  The last thing you want is to short out your video card due to the cover touching.  I take it your not watercooling the vid card then?  I would suggest that you do.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

you have to be really careful.  Yes, you need some spacers and some thermal pads where the cover will touch the PCB.  The last thing you want is to short out your video card due to the cover touching.  I take it your not watercooling the vid card then?  I would suggest that you do.

\If it was metal of course. Most likely it will, hell need come kind of pads to cushion it

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

you have to be really careful. Yes, you need some spacers and some thermal pads where the cover will touch the PCB. The last thing you want is to short out your video card due to the cover touching. I take it your not watercooling the vid card then? I would suggest that you do.

\If it was metal of course. Most likely it will, hell need come kind of pads to cushion it

Thank you for the advice guys. I will be investing in some plastic spacers to raise the aluminium plate up from the PCB. So, that said, I have an..

Update

Hey everyone!

I have the loop filled, and it is currently bleeding. I am extremely happy with the end result!

DSC03034_zpsaf0248e1.jpg

MetallicAcid

this is just awesome, i love the aluminum pieces

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Can't wait to see it all assembled :)

Must.....See.....Finished.....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I love that backplate design, Can't wait to see the finished product.

It's so flawless, I wish I could do a build like that.

NZXT Tempest 210, 4770k @ 4.6ghz, Phanteks PH-TC14CS, 660ti DirectCUII @ 1180mhz, Asrock extreme 3, 8gb gskill sniper, ocz zt series 650w, wd blue 1tb, CM storm Quickfire w/ mx blues, Team scorpion X-Luca http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42301-the-mean-green-machine/?p=550606

Can't wait to see it all assembled :)

Must.....See.....Finished.....

I love that backplate design, Can't wait to see the finished product.

It's so flawless, I wish I could do a build like that.

Thank you to everyone :D

To give you all inspiration, this is my first modded PC, and first water cooling loop. I have done all work by hand, on my kitchen table, in my 2 room apartment, back then with my wife heavily pregnant, and now with a newborn baby! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, and carefully plan your next project!! :)

The leak test went perfectly, as I left the pump running all night. Now to just finish off this GPU backplate... ;)

MetallicAcid

Looking great as always Metallic!  I love the work you did on the custom lighting.  I'm thinking about doing something similar to cover my psu and 5.25" bays using aluminum and smoke acrylic.  

Looking great as always Metallic! I love the work you did on the custom lighting. I'm thinking about doing something similar to cover my psu and 5.25" bays using aluminum and smoke acrylic.

You should. Creating my unique lighting is one of the best things I could have done to personalize my computer :)

Update

The GPU backplate has been cut, filed, and sanded. Next thing to do is to attach some white plexiglass and LED's to the plate, modify the LED RGB cable to take a 4 pin fan connection, then I can easily connect and disconnect the GPU's LED cable if I need to remove my graphic card from the PC.

So, without further delay, here come some pictures. I do apologize for the cell phone quality, I am doing this at work after all ;)

photo1_zps1cee8482.jpg

photo2_zps090ba6cb.jpg

photo3_zps5ef8f068.jpg

photo5_zps52cb4d19.jpg

photo6_zps0894b256.jpg

photo8_zpse1bb55b1.jpg

photo9_zps8719ea85.jpg

photo7_zpse9e6f459.jpg

MetallicAcid

How do you finish your aluminum pieces like that?

i'll say... hours and hours of sanding with diferent grits!

looks amazing!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. this is pure art. you're the Michelangelo of microchips. the DaVinci of design. the Einstein of engineering. this. is. perfect. 

did i mention i like it?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Hey spec, it's easy. I am using just 240grit wet/dry sandpaper and sanding in just one direction. I had a few dents in my alu piece so sanding took 2 hours :D

i'll say... hours and hours of sanding with diferent grits!

looks amazing!

Cheers Axis!! :)

THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. this is pure art. you're the Michelangelo of microchips. the DaVinci of design. the Einstein of engineering. this. is. perfect. 

did i mention i like it?

WOW thank you fuzz!! What a compliment :D I hope you stick around for the next updates.

A little mini update guys, I had made a miscalculation on how far out the plate has to be from the shroud to be able to hide both LED's and plexiglass. I will be remaking another plate today... :)

MetallicAcid

Sorry to hear about the setback, but I know it'll be worth the extra work when it's finished.  I love the design!