Crusader Kings II FREE on steam for 5 more days but....

centurion_08

How in the actual phuck you play this game.

I fucking love strategy games to death. Turn-based and Realtime, doesn't matter.

Colonization, Civilization, Master of Orion, Alpha Centauri (wich i thought it's hard) you name it.

But i never played a grand strategy. Heard many good things about Paradox studios but screenshots themselfs intimidated to no extent.

Today i downloaded a free (time limited) version of the game and tried to play it but no..

I don't even... what in the Gods name is goin on in this game. Can someone help me learn/explain the game in steps for a chimpanzee.

I looks fun as shit, and i feel there's so much potential behind these all options. A link to some simple tutorial or document.

I tried the in-game one but it felt a little chaotic and messy. The amount of options hits you in the face.

Regards Andrew.

Crusader Kings 2 is just sort of a game that you have to jump into and figure things out, via trial and error.

The above video series is what I used to get into the game, but it's a bit dated at this point. As expansions have come out, patches have changed minor details so not everything in that video applies anymore. Still, it's a start...

I love Crusader Kings 2, but If you want an easier grand strategy game to get into, I've heard that Europa Universalis 4 is a lot friendlier to new players.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Crusader Kings 2, but If you want an easier grand strategy game to get into, I've heard that Europa Universalis 4 is a lot friendlier to new players.

I believe it is not xD i have them both and i do not want to get into EU4 before i finish my ironman at CK2! 

CK2 has a really steep learning curve but it is extremely rewarding. I've sunk a good couple hundred hours into it. For a first play through I'd suggest disabling a lot of the DLC, especially the Viking one if you plan on playing in northern Europe/Britain/Ireland, as the vikings can be extremely challenging early game.

I'd secondly suggest starting in Ireland for the first time because Ireland is not part of a kingdom, your enemies are not going to overwhelm you, you can build up duchies and eventually the kingdom of Ireland itself. Once that's completed pull oull OnceOnc

Sorry I'll continue this in a new post my phone's keyboard is fucking uup

Once you establish that kingdom you'll better understand the game's mechanics having gone through probably a few rulers. Also, it means you Start out with primogeniture inheritance which keeps things together nicely. If you need any help or have started elsewhere feel free to message me for advice/tips. I know how daunting it can be.

Random shite my phone keyboard won't delete: r starrwo