Acer unveils 2560*1440 display with 144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync

ahhming

90 FPS is a sweetspot, simple.

That's like saying you're going to drive 30 mph in a 50 mph zone because 30 mph is more scenic

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That's like saying you're going to drive 30 mph in a 50 mph zone because 30 mph is more scenic

dilbert.gif

Beyond 90 FPS = diminishing returns

No reason to work the GPU harder than it has to

Repeating myself for the last time.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

dilbert.gif

Beyond 90 FPS = diminishing returns

No reason to work the GPU harder than it has to

Repeating myself for the last time.

...Ok, if you insist on wasting potential

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I really enjoy the 144hz refresh rate myself. The GTX 970 pushes 144hz @ 1080p fine if you just go with a custom preset and select typical ultra settings, but deselect BS like motion blur, lens flare, etc.. I'm using an Acer TN display and the colors are gorgeous, better than most IPS monitors I've seen around this price range (-$230).

Hopefully this monitor is the same in quality. I don't like the orange, I wish they went with a similar style like they did with the gn246hl, just some not-gaudy orange accenting on the base that is easily covered/ignored if you don't like it.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

All I have to do is turn over my life savings, and I can get one of these.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

So I spent the last 10 minutes looking at monitors in A$.  To be honest I don't understand why people are still talking about price.  I have seen so many variations on price/feature across too many products to really be able to nail down any one feature as being more or less expensive than another,  e.g you can get essentially the same monitor as this but trading freesync for an IPS panel for cheaper. 

This looks like a good monitor but I'd like to see some real world reviews before I claim the prices is reasonable. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That isn't even remotely the same monitor but I could see how you would miss it based on the model number (the monitor in op is the XG the one you linked is the XB).

edit: in retrospect "remotely" might have been a bit strong of a word there.

Oops my bad. I thought this was the other monitor thread i was subscribed to. 

If it had a vesa mount I'd be tempted buy it, as a couple of spray cans would sort the god awful strip at the bottom.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Its £429 (Pre-Order) in the UK so approx $660 in the US. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-078-AC&groupid=17&catid=948

and due on the 27/03/15

I dont like the Orange colour either....its putting me off it TBH. I would'nt mind if it was red too much, but I would prefer it if they offered it in a range of colours. At least offer an alternative to something that looks like its rusting away on your desktop. :P

Black or Chrome would be good IMHO

There are a lot of good gaming monitors coming out in the next few months and I still have my hopes pinned on the BenQ XL2730Z.

Still more expensive than 4K for less. Approaching the price of professional 4K 10 bit IPS, too.

And it arrives almost in time for the ROG Swift to be upgraded to 4K, too. So really this would have been a good product, about a year ago.

Just a quick n dirty mock up, but a bit of plasti dip and this is what it should have looked like from the factory...

xg270hu.jpg

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Wow i just looked at the pic of the display now. What were they thinking? The focal point should be the screen. 

Just a quick n dirty mock up, but a bit of plasti dip and this is what it should have looked like from the factory...

why plastidip? planning to resell it? so sick of people using this crap. Just learn to use proper spraypaint and make it look better and last longer and be slightly more scratch-resistant.

seriously, spray-painting is not so difficult that it needs an alternative. it's fucking easy.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Impressive but expensive probably current or last gen gaming monitor would be a better bet.