Tech Tips 4 Youtubers

LDX

But as far as I understand the audio interface, sound card if you like in the canon cameras isn't good enough...

And I totally forgot that I have got a Zoom H4n in here... So I'll probably won't have to buy a microphone anyway...

always wanted to have one of those for live band recordings...

My brother have a Nikon D5100 and one of those ZOOM recorders

he said quality from the ZOOMs is amazing....

wow that lumix GH2 is really expensive

always wanted to have one of those for live band recordings...

My brother have a Nikon D5100 and one of those ZOOM recorders

he said quality from the ZOOMs is amazing....

Yes. I think this is what slick was using the zoom H4n in computex. But I'm not sure, I was watching in 240p because of slow connection... And yes. It's amazing... And if I ever want to buy a higher end microphone I'll buy an XLR shotgun microphone. And plug it to the zoom...

What model your brother has?

Yes. I think this is what slick was using the zoom H4n in computex. But I'm not sure, I was watching in 240p because of slow connection... And yes. It's amazing... And if I ever want to buy a higher end microphone I'll buy an XLR shotgun microphone. And plug it to the zoom...

What model your brother has?

never Knew, he lives in the US, while I am living in Perú

He just told me about that recorder over the phone, and also another friend in montana have one of those ZOOM

I know ZOOM becuase I play guitar and have tried ZOOM guitar effects since the 90's, always wanted a zoom g9.2tt

But I decided to go analog with an old ART Xtreme Plus, which I bought and never tried cause still dont have an amp (I record everything through a Line 6 Toneport)

Wow, that was a super offtopic, sorry

never Knew, he lives in the US, while I am living in Perú

He just told me about that recorder over the phone, and also another friend in montana have one of those ZOOM

I know ZOOM becuase I play guitar and have tried ZOOM guitar effects since the 90's, always wanted a zoom g9.2tt

But I decided to go analog with an old ART Xtreme Plus, which I bought and never tried cause still dont have an amp (I record everything through a Line 6 Toneport)

Wow, that was a super offtopic, sorry

Lol, not so much. Some people may consider the zoom... Like I'll use...

Although I didn't buy it... My father bought it a long time ago, but after a while he decided to get a proper studio in the house because he is a musician (guitar and vocals). So he gave my the zoom.

Lol, not so much. Some people may consider the zoom... Like I'll use...

Although I didn't buy it... My father bought it a long time ago, but after a while he decided to get a proper studio in the house because he is a musician (guitar and vocals). So he gave my the zoom.

Home Studios are just Super COOL..... 

Yes... He has an album too... And he is going for a new one later this year or next year... And yes. Its super cool!

LDX, what do you do on your channel? Reviews?

LDX, what do you do on your channel? Reviews?

Honestly Im not sure yet, I have videos about CAD design and renders, going thru some multitrack recording, and eyefinity gameplays

the thing that caught my attention were video contest I have won a couple so far, and one of those was a contest at LTT

I just uploaded a gameplay of Ghost Recon Online captured with a crappy and borrowed Fujifilms S4000 Camera

and focus and washed colours are just annoying.... I need a camera that helps me with this

second Channel

I'm thinking about having a go with my 500D, ill just have to take audio with an external device and sync it to the video. If i don't stop the audio or video sync should be nice and easy, depending on what frame rate it can record @ 720p which i'm looking up now....

Update: seems to be able to handle 30fps @ 720p... I'll have to try some test footage and see what it looks like ;)

Zoom H4 looks like a winner...

Aggering to see what u can do with ur 500D, pls don't forget to upload

and yeah, ZOOM has an amazing set of products... They had the smallest and most advanced

effects processors back in the day...

Rig is about to get a full tear down and custom sleeve job, heatshrink and heatshrinkless... Might be good to document, I also got a Ducky 9008 with mx blues for work that could be reviewed I guess... 

Rig is about to get a full tear down and custom sleeve job, heatshrink and heatshrinkless... Might be good to document, I also got a Ducky 9008 with mx blues for work that could be reviewed I guess... 

well, you dont need to have the ZOOM right now to do so, u can record everything and add the audio later, I have used the Mic of a webcam Logitech C510 and audio was pretty good

its all about microphone positioning and testing... problems begins when u have too much echo and u are away from the mic.... 

But I still believe that u need to try the built-in mic of the 500D, who knows perhaps is suitable for this... 

This is what I did in post speaking directly and close to the webcam C510, I think it wasnt that bad

My english sucks tho'

well, you dont need to have the ZOOM right now to do so, u can record everything and add the audio later, I have used the Mic of a webcam Logitech C510 and audio was pretty good

its all about microphone positioning and testing... problems begins when u have too much echo and u are away from the mic.... 

But I still believe that u need to try the built-in mic of the 500D, who knows perhaps is suitable for this... 

This is what I did in post speaking directly and close to the webcam C510, I think it wasnt that bad

My english sucks tho'

This is sooo cool... I hope to do that with the MYO when it comes out...

LDX, be careful with ADSense. If you are creating your own videos, that are 100% owned by you, then you can use ADSense, but if you are making gaming videos, then you can't use ADSense as you don't own the right to make videos about video games.

You'll need a partnership from;

http://www.yeousch.com/

http://tgn.tv/

http://www.machinima.com/

They all have their own requirements that vary. Of course if you're just making your own videos like what Linus does, then you don't need a partnership.

hey guyz, loving this thread, i also am thinking of getting serious with my youtube channel, luckily i have the benefit of my dad being a professional photographer, and i help him out doing the video camera work, so i may have some equiptment of his i can borrow, his video camera is a Sony HVR-Z5 which we use with a Atomos Ninja 2 (to record to SSD/HDD2.5"), now im not sure how the microphone is on that camera but i believe the one he has is not stock and it is a shotgun attachment.

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

wow that camera looks frikin cool

video tests are just surreal...

thanks man im lucky to be able to use his equiptment haha

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

one thing i need to get is a lapel microphone, can anybody suggest a good one?

LDX, be careful with ADSense. If you are creating your own videos, that are 100% owned by you, then you can use ADSense, but if you are making gaming videos, then you can't use ADSense as you don't own the right to make videos about video games.

You'll need a partnership from;

http://www.yeousch.com/

http://tgn.tv/

http://www.machinima.com/

They all have their own requirements that vary. Of course if you're just making your own videos like what Linus does, then you don't need a partnership.

This is why i started this thread, How come I didnt know that?????

Now everything makes sense, I was guessing it was all about songs in the background

but u are right, gaming might have a whole different deal, I have two channels so I can dedicate each channel for different purposes

But thanks for the info and th elinks I will definitely take a look into it

I remember a tube gamer (in mexico, Spanish) that was talking about this subject and his partnership

with some gaming 3rd parties, however he never mentioned that adsense was not able to deal with games

he actually mentioned that these 3rd party firms pay even more per views than tube/adsense, but that u need to be carefull

with your content's copyrights, cause some of them wil claim everything for themselves.

However that makes me wonder how come Linus can publish some gameplays during fridays?

and I also remember Elric doing this too... Some gameplays once in a while

But about mp3 and music in general, i would like to know if there is somekind of rule

to use copyrighted music, and where can I find music without copyrights and how to use it

This is really useful info Thanks

But about mp3 and music in general, i would like to know if there is somekind of rule

to use copyrighted music, and where can I find music without copyrights and how to use it

i would also like to know this, i was thinking of getting somebody to make some cool original music for myself to use, simmilar to what linus uses for the Full System Build Video Intros (damn that is sum cool music xD)

However that makes me wonder how come Linus can publish some gameplays during fridays?

and I also remember Elric doing this too... Some gameplays once in a while

Linus and Elric probably don't monetize their gameplay videos. So they don't allow the video to be part of their adsense partnership, so they won't get flagged. Also Linus has stated that he wants to move away from Nintendo games because Nintendo used to not care, but since recent change of heart. they want to move to a different game. I know with Minecraft, Mojang doesn't care what you upload about Minecraft. So that's the one game I know of that allows you to do whatever you want with it.

Music is a tricky business...usually parody/Indie music is fine(maybe ask the owner/creator first). YouTube usually has a list of copyrighted music, but it's free to use. I'll see if I can find it for you.

*Edit, this this article: http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/08/24/how-to-finding-music-for-youtube-videos/

And check out this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/teknoaxe

I can't find the YouTube list....I'll keep looking.