1 PC for 2 Monitors, 2 Mice and 2 keyboards

LuckyByte

Hey guys,

it would be a very long story do explain what I need this following for so just step into it:

I have 1 fully functional PC with decent hardware. (i5, gtx 7xx).

But I need 2 people to work at one PC. Is there a way i can install a VM?

So 2 Monitors, 2 Mice and 2 Keyboards are going into one PC but the ppl can work as it would be 2 PC`s.

If you need further informations: Please Ask :)

P.S: And if its stupid and will never work -> ok :D

I'm actually very curious if this could work. I know computers can stream multiple games at once, but I don't know about running multiple partitions and operating systems at once.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Hey guys,

it would be a very long story do explain what I need this following for so just step into it:

So 2 Monitors, 2 Mice and 2 Keyboards are going into one PC but the ppl can work as it would be 2 PC`s.

Technically, you can run two os'es, by running the host on one side and a VM on the other side

But using two mice and kb simultaneously isn't something i believe exists

Stupid ? No.

Will never work ? chances are high

CES 2016 or a Kickstarter "we are first to introduce a software that allows 2 mouse and keyboard inputs on one OS" lol ahha

But jokes away, it isnt possible at the moment as there is no software for it. U can only have one mouse cursor and one keyboard input. Active windows/applications is another thing that needs to be optimized.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

CES 2016 or a Kickstarter "we are first to introduce a software that allows 2 mouse and keyboard inputs on one OS" lol ahha

But jokes away, it isnt possible at the moment as there is no software for it. U can only have one mouse cursor and one keyboard input. Active windows/applications is another thing that needs to be optimized.

There's hardware for it. Used to use it everyday. Had 4 stations running off of one pc

...Whats with the link?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

a guy at a school i've studied actually did it. he was using ubuntu and some voodoo magic to bind specific keyboards and mice to specific desktops, on specific screens. beyond that i have no clue what he did, but its possible

...Whats with the link?

It's a Mountain Mods case that can house two PCs

For the casual price of around $450 :DDD

This is possible on Linux but I'm not sure how successful it is. You can find some more information here.

WAIT!  What about the SteamOS!

Because he had a hard drive.

Hey guys,

Many years ago (more than 10) I was able to do this with a patch for XFree86 in linux. I doubt this is possible in Windows, but I guess it should be possible in linux

What about it? More importantly, why are people so hyped about SteamOS? Oh wait, people don't quite udnerstand what it is. SteamOS is a Linux distribution targeted towards gamers who want to take their PC Gaming to the living room. It is in no way intended for use as a desktop operating system in the manner that Ubuntu. Fedora or OpenSuSe is intended to be used. SteamOS is very much like KobiBuntu which is a spin of Ubuntu designed to boot straight into Kobi, formely XBMC Media Centre, to function as a HTPC.

No I mean using for What OP is wondering!

Why install SteamOS, grab something like Ubuntu and be done with it.

because they aren't compatible with Steam and it's games

Ubuntu is the desktop distribution of choice for Valve and every game developer building games for Linux (at least those on Steam anyway).

OP I want OP

Yes you can on vmware i'm completely sure i don't know about virtualbox. But when you start the virtual machine there is an opcion on top to connect usb devices to the virtual machine so you select your second  mouse and keyboard. Sometimes you have to mark and option that is show all usb devices. If someone is interested i can explain it better tomorrow but it´s to late for me know i live in Spain.

• 2 years later...

This is probably been solved by now, but unRAID should handle multiple VM's/Graphics cards/peripherals.