Smaller Speaker big punch?

Arty

So the Speaker on the right is half the size but just as loud, Volume setting on the left speaker 18/32 with 2 spekers on its amp, and the one on the right is 20/25 with sub center and 4 sorrund speakers

Yes ik the big 2 aren't max but still how can a a sub half the size of 2 big ones still be able to compete?bQeCs98.jpg

Magic and stuff

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

You cant use volume scale on two different amplifiers to compare loudness 

Also if its big speaker that does not mean it must be loud :)

You cant use volume scale on two different amplifiers to compare loudness 

Also if its big speaker that does not mean it must be loud :)

i also used a decibal app idk how accurate they are but

3/4 max for 2 biggers speakers and 3/4 max for smaller sub simaler db

both at max big one wins hands down but curious though at 3/4 thier simaler

i also used a decibal app idk how accurate they are but

3/4 max for 2 biggers speakers and 3/4 max for smaller sub simaler db

both at max big one wins hands down but curious though at 3/4 thier simaler

That 3/4 does not mean anything when comparing two different amps if they have different gains :)

first of all, you are comparing a loudspeaker to a subwoofer. These are two different things.

Also, it is very likely that the subwoofer is powered, because most are. This means its getting multiple times the power to create more noise.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That 3/4 does not mean anything when comparing two different amps if they have different gains :)

first of all, you are comparing a loudspeaker to a subwoofer. These are two different things.

Also, it is very likely that the subwoofer is powered, because most are. This means its getting multiple times the power to create more noise.

A loud Speaker and a subwoffer are differnet? Shit lol

that enlightens a lot

(ignoreing the mid speaker Im just taking about the bass of the left one, but i get the point)

But woofer on that speaker is also powered with some kind of amplifier.

I have 2 of the left one

both on a 200+watt amp

idk wattege of the surround system

that enlightens a lot

:rolleyes:

Subwoofers are designed to mainly produce bass notes. Loudspeakers usually have multiple woofers to better produce multiple frequency ranges (some even have subwoofers included).

I have 2 of the left one

both on a 200+watt amp

idk wattege of the surround system

It still does not mean anything :)

I really want to explain you why but my english and also my "teaching skills" are poor to do it and not confuse you 

:rolleyes:

Subwoofers are designed to mainly produce bass notes. Loudspeakers usually have multiple woofers to better produce multiple frequency ranges (some even have subwoofers included).

:D. yea, tweeters blown so all i got now are the low freq and midish freq

It still does not mean anything :)

I really want to explain you why but my english and also my "teaching skills" are poor to do it and not confuse you 

dam xD

i understand, 

ill give it a google

Does the container also have something to do with it? the speaker sits in.

Does the container also have something to do with it? the speaker sits in.

It has a lot to do but in this case you cant know how much it affects because of 2 different amps. It would be best to use 1 amp for both speakers on same volume scale setting and than compare

It has a lot to do but in this case you cant know how much it affects because of 2 different amps. It would be best to use 1 amp for both speakers on same volume scale setting and than compare

hmm makes sense 

no its not

its a passive speaker

Do you have plugged into the wall AC power? No you dont.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no its not

its a passive speaker

Do you have plugged into the wall AC power? No you dont.

so you just plug it to phone and it works??

it must have amplifier

I think you think I meant internal amplifier... Those speakers are meant for use with external amp and thats what op is using.

speaking about that 3way speaker

that enlightens a lot

(ignoreing the mid speaker Im just taking about the bass of the left one, but i get the point)

Yes, subwoofers are meant for low frequencies below 200Hz, and to make audible sound they require a LOT of power, usually several hundred watts, sometimes thousands.

They usually come with a built in amplifier so that you plug the sub into the wall, then plug the sound cable into the subwoofer and it amplifies it.

If you sent that much power through the large floorstanding speaker you have there it would blow instantly :P

Spoiler

Yes, subwoofers are meant for low frequencies below 200Hz, and to make audible sound they require a LOT of power, usually several hundred watts, sometimes thousands.

They usually come with a built in amplifier so that you plug the sub into the wall, then plug the sound cable into the subwoofer and it amplifies it.

If you sent that much power through the large floorstanding speaker you have there it would blow instantly :P

it must have amplifier

I think you think I meant internal amplifier... Those speakers are meant for use with external amp and thats what op is using.

It has an external amp

250+watt amp

it must have amplifier

passive means it doesnt have a built in amp, it does not mean it will work with a phone

and just fyi, phones DO have an amp, or else you would not hear anything at all

a subwoofer usually comes with its own amp, and this is called an "active" or "powered" subwoofer, because they almost always require more power than a standard loudspeaker

Spoiler

They are capable of using hundreds of watts, but very few people actually use more than 50. Thousands would be for large concert venues.

I have to disagree with that that they need several hundred watts. Yes they do if you wanna shake foundations of your house. But to shake a room you need 100W max. I am talking about real rms not what is labeled on most amps today.

But its all relative :)

I have to disagree with that that they need several hundred watts. Yes they do if you wanna shake foundations of your house. But to shake a room you need 100W max. I am talking about real rms not what is labeled on most amps today.

But its all relative  :)

They are capable of using hundreds of watts, but very few people actually use more than 50. Thousands would be for large concert venues.

you can get decent quality home theatre subwoofers that are 500-1000W and some even up to 3000W

car subwoofers are usually a few hundred to a few thousand

PA subwoofers are usually many thousands

Spoiler

passive means it doesnt have a built in amp, it does not mean it will work with a phone

and just fyi, phones DO have an amp, or else you would not hear anything at all

a subwoofer usually comes with its own amp, and this is called an "active" or "powered" subwoofer, because they almost always require more power than a standard loudspeaker

if i plugged the speaker into my phone it would be quiet i could fall asleep, its plugged into a sperate 250 watt amp in which i plug my phone into

250watt   :)