Smaller Speaker big punch?

Arty

From the onset I just want to clarify for anyone dumb enough to read me out of context that I do not and have not engineered a gig the size of monsters of rock or ozfest or lollypoloozle mcgoozle.

part that I dont really understand

now,  when you have a setup of that size, latency in the audio stream (be it wireless or cable) is moot, the distance of the second and third set of speakers from the stage needs to be accounted for with a delay in the signal so that you do not get echo and phase cancellation.  This is because the signal (regardless of wireless or cable) will travel to the second and third towers significantly quicker than the sound wave from the stage.  Failing to do this will; land you with shit sound, hard to manage and an angry crowd. 

Thats something I know :)

part that I dont really understand What's there not to get?

Thats something I know :)

They use cables because of strict latency of signal.

I am not too sure you do know it.  Also you are trying to insinuate that it is better to run "a few hundred metres" of speaker cable than balanced line level or even use wireless. 

Putting up big flashy pictures of things you have no experience with and making generic statements that even in context are erroneous are not helpful. 

EDIT: I should also add that those towers are not more than 200metres apart and nowadays most of the signal is digital not analogue so loses are not a factor.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My english is not really good.

I am not too sure you do know it.  Also you are trying to insinuate that it is better to run "a few hundred metres" of speaker cable than balanced line level or even use wireless. 

Putting up big flashy pictures of things you have no experience with and making generic statements that even in context are erroneous are not helpful. 

ok maybe on distanced speakers line level is used but we went too far from main theme. I think that most of things I said are true, maybe not one that they drag amplified signal that far. 

I think wireless is too unstable for that job but i might be wrong.

Also I dont think my posts regarding op's "problem" were unhelpful.

I can guarantee you that they don't have speaker cables running there. That would cause huge issues. Passives are only used if they're within a couple of meters from the amp.

Regarding the 'how many watts' story:

The difference in loudness between 1 and 100 watt is the same as the difference between 100 and 10.000 watt.
With good speakers, 10 watt can be insanely loud. Most home speakers can't handle more than 50 watts mechanically anyway.

Also I dont think my posts regarding op's "problem" were unhelpful.

That's not what I was referring to,  I was more getting at the going off topic with information that was heavily context dependent in order to be correct. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's not what I was referring to,  I was more getting at the going off topic with information that was heavily context dependent in order to be correct. 

Ok I agree I went too far :)