Is DX12 not coming to Windows 7?

orangecat

"Richard has no special insight into Microsoft’s Windows or DirectX roadmaps."

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

You get free upgrade to W10 anyways right? So it doesn't really matter imo.

Yea but for 1 year as I heard

1 year is plenty of time, the longest time I've gone without my PC has been like 3 weeks. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's free for lifetime when you get it within the one-year timeframe as long as you upgrade from 7,8,8.1, after that year, anyone who upgrades has to pay for the key.

1 year is plenty of time, the longest time I've gone without my PC has been like 3 weeks. 

But on the end he will still need to buy it and go to win10 to use dx12.

I dont understand the analogy with time not spent using pc.

It's free for lifetime when you get it within the one-year timeframe as long as you upgrade from 7,8,8.1, after that year, anyone who upgrades has to pay for the key.

Are you sure it works like that? I heard that licence obtained that way only last 1 year.

From what I know it's not a full copy it's only valid for a year.

But on the end he will still need to buy it and go to win10 to use dx12.

I dont understand the analogy with time not spent using pc.

what @JeffreyEagan said. 

Huh.. well thats completely pointless thanks for nothing microsoft

Just went to the Microsoft site its not only valid for a year, but you can only upgrade within the first year after release if i understand correctly. So hurray microsoft :)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You can upgrade forever if you do it within one year but after a year the offer wouldn't be valid anymore if im not mistaken

from what i heard everyone who bought 7,8,8.1 gets a free full copy as long as they get it within the first year. but its a legit full copy.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Yea I checked and its free if you get it in first year.

Are you sure it works like that? I heard that licence obtained that way only last 1 year.

No, guys.

You have 1 year to upgrade, not 1 year of Windows.

The license is the same as if you went out and bought Windows.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 year to redeem the full version of windows 10

Windows 7 lost mainstream support a few weeks ago, that means it apparently won't get new features, so I guess that means it won't get DX12

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

He's right. You have one year to upgrade to a lifetime license of Win10

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

From what everywhere else is saying, it's free for lifetime within that one-year timeframe, anybody else has to buy it.

There is literally no reason to stay with Windows 7 when 10 comes out.

Well, unless it's a half-broken mess when it releases. It's probably worth hanging on to 7 for a week or two just to make sure Windows 10 is performing and behaving the way it should, that drivers are working properly, etc.

Even windows 8.1 is better then 7 (under the hood)

Cant wait for 10, tryed the previeuw and i liked it alot!

Let's agree to disagree

I heard that we can get free upgrade if we're using W 8 or 8.1

My PC still using W 7

Time and time again people have been wrong about this and have been corrected.

The free upgrade is available for the first 12 months of Windows 10 release, if you choose to take this free upgrade the license you get is permanent and you will NOT have to pay after 1 year.

My PC still using W 7

Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users get free upgrades, you guys can find all this info on the microsoft website. How difficult is it?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Time and time again people have been wrong about this and have been corrected.

The free upgrade is available for the first 12 months of Windows 10 release, if you choose to take this free upgrade the license you get is permanent and you will NOT have to pay after 1 year.

Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users get free upgrades, you guys can find all this info on the microsoft website. How difficult is it?

seriously?? hhmm.. this is a nice info. thx buddy :D i'll check it out?

so what about DX12? is it can be run only on W 10?

My PC still using W 7

W7 too...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W