Ryanair investing in smartwatch software

SSOB

apple-event-0909-23.jpg

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43531/ryanair-looks-create-solutions-passengers-wearing-smartwatches/index.html

Ryanair wants to give smartwatch wearable owners additional features, such as boarding gate information, digital boarding passes, and post-landing information. A prototype app offering will be unveiled after the Apple Watch launches in the spring, according to company officials. 

Additional details about the custom smartwatch offering will be released in the coming months.
 "In the future, Ryanair wants to be able to provide information throughout a passenger's journey, from the second you go to bed in a hotel, to when you land and need to find your car, or book a taxi," said John Hurley, CTO of Ryanair, in a statement published by The Telegraph. "People want micro-moments, micro pieces of information."
 Wearables - and specifically smartwatches - are expected to grow in popularity, but developers will need to create new offerings for these users. Smartphones and tablets already allow for a number of different services and customized services already created to make things easier

One of the effects of Apple doing a product, it gets considered ''a serious product''. In this case it's the SmartWatch. it seems like the Business world only seems to care about something when Apple is involved in it. 

Interested in Business and Technology

the buisiness world -- apple thing probably is easily explained trough this: the generation currently in lead of these companies has no clue what android even is...

Oh the joys of flying with ryan air. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ikr, this is like the last company I would've though would implement this kind of software.

the buisiness world -- apple thing probably is easily explained trough this: the generation currently in lead of these companies has no clue what android even is...

Well I wouldn't say it's like that. They just see Apple as the ''Benchmark'' much like some people view Google as the ''Benchmark'' of mobile software these days as oppose to IOS, BB10 or iOS.

Still could not be less interested in smart watches or other wearable tech, let me know when I can have my own built in HUD with the same information, without glasses or lenses of any kind.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

direct qoute from the article

"People want micro-moments, micro pieces of information. and micro seating area."

Use the full editor and fix your title typo, OP.

Use the full editor and fix your title typo, OP.

Ty, fixed.

Not sure how this fits on with what ryanair is trying to have an affordable model.  Maybe they're trying to add extra appeal? A seat-book-holder-basket thingy would be much more appreciated, in my eyes.  

With regards to the ideaI; a simple phone app would be just as good if not better. But I can't complain that it's a push for smart watches, so my point is a little moot :P

Oh, and thanks for the post OP.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Still could not be less interested in smart watches or other wearable tech, let me know when I can have my own built in HUD with the same information, without glasses or lenses of any kind.

So bionic eyes then?

Keep in mind that with the phone or smartwatch, you can still look away during an ad. That's going to be difficult with an in-eye HUD.

Keep in mind that with the phone or smartwatch, you can still look away during an ad. That's going to be difficult with an in-eye HUD.

Adblock lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've never heard of Ryanair, so I don't care.

let me know when I can have my own built in HUD with the same information, without glasses or lenses of any kind.

I'd rather have tablets that project holograms like the Gryzzl tablets in Parks and Recreation. :P

8317e7b0-9c31-11e4-af98-6febc5ed284c_716

71670490-9c24-11e4-87a3-4182073d2037_nbc

ben-wyatt-congressional-bid.jpg?w=650

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650