I m planning to build a PC with the following parts:-

Intel Core i7 4690k
Gigabyte z97 gaming 3 mobo
Kingston 4 GB RAM
Thermaltake Smart SE 730W

Corsair Hydro H55 liquid cooler

Corsair Carbide 200R

is it good ?
will there be any bottlenecks, especially if i add a graphics card such as Radeon R9 290 ?
anxiously waiting for reply

What are you going to be doing with that rig?

You don't need a i7 for games and you definitely don't need 730W for a basic 1 gpu. Setup

Go with a i5,go with 500W of power, go with a 980 or 290, go with 8 gigs of ram.

What are you going to be doing with that rig?

You don't need a i7 for games and you definitely don't need 730W for a basic 1 gpu. Setup

Go with a i5,go with 500W of power, go with a 980 or 290, go with 8 gigs of ram.

i7 does help in games btw.

Its not a 1% difference anymore.

Be careful.

yWPLSJB.png

there is no such thing as an i7 4690k thats an i5 chip 

also I agree with @IMPERIUS a good evga 600w would be better then the thermaltake 730 that you chose 

also I would go with 8GB of ram though you you only have the money for 4GB get 1 stick of 4 and purchase the other later 

Be careful.

yWPLSJB.png

but he should spend more on the gpu if hes on a budget

Be careful.

Interesting... I was unaware of this. Thanks!

But i guess it's still better to go with a i5 if you want something cheaper eh?

Interesting... I was unaware of this. Thanks!

But i guess it's still better to go with a i5 if you want something cheaper eh?

Yes no doubt.

But there a difference in the last two years since some games are quite well threaded.

In the past this wasn't the case.

The best option is the XEON E3 always  :wub:

Best bang for the buck cpu on the market.

Be careful.

yWPLSJB.png

What GAMES? i see only 1 game where it does anything noticable...   if that ONE GAME is worth the extra 150$ to you, go nutz!

Lol, wrong section dude

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

What GAMES? i see only 1 game where it does anything noticable...   if that ONE GAME is worth the extra 150$ to you, go nutz!

Im not saying its worth it 150 bucks lol.

Im saying there is a difference and people say there inst.

10 fps on crysis 3 , almost 20 fps on bf4 .

Its a lot lol.

The best thing is:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($243.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $315.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-15 08:49 EST-0500

I like the i7 4790k because it's clocked at 4.0 GHz right out of the box.  You wouldn't need it for gaming, but if you're not too into overclocking, it's already fast.  I don't think you should skimp on the PSU.  You're saying 730W and not fully modular.  Go with 750W and fully modular.  Also, 4GB of RAM is not enough for gaming or anything else. The GTX 980 is a beast, but it costs $250.00 more than an R9 290.  You'll be all right with a single R9 290 if you game at 1080p resolution on a 24" or 27" monitor.  If you go with a GTX 980, you can game at 1440p resolution on a 27" or 28" monitor, but the cheapest G-sync monitor which is that big (that would go with that video card) costs about $756.00 for the Acer 4k and $798.00 for the Asus 1440p, 144 Hz, ROG Swift.  That kind of build would cost around $2500.00.  Still, if you go for a more economical build, you can get by with a 1080p monitor, an R9 290, and just a Hyper 212 EVO air cooling solution (around $27.00).  I wouldn't skimp on the power supply or the RAM.  You need at least 8GB, possibly 16GB, of RAM.  Check the compatible RAM for your motherboard and pick a set that's 2400 MHz.

Be careful.

yWPLSJB.png

Yeah, but you don't really need an i7, if it is just for a couple of frames, it is not really worth the extra cost. Also, with Mantle and DirectX 12, CPUs will become a lot less relevant in gaming :)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Yeah, but you don't really need an i7, if it is just for a couple of frames, it is not really worth the extra cost. Also, with Mantle and DirectX 12, CPUs will become a lot less relevant in gaming :)

Its a lot lol.

The best thing is:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($243.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $315.98

Its a lot lol.

The best thing is:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($243.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $315.98

Yeah but spending the extra money on a beefier gpu would improve performance a lot more. Btw aren't Xeons supposed to be "worse" in gaming than i5/i7 chips due to lower per-core performance?

Yeah but spending the extra money on a beefier gpu would improve performance a lot more. Btw aren't Xeons supposed to be "worse" in gaming than i5/i7 chips due to lower per-core performance?

No.

Its as good as locked i7 for gaming.

Its cheaper because no IGPU.

Btw aren't Xeons supposed to be "worse" in gaming than i5/i7 chips due to lower per-core performance?

It has the label xeon because:

- Cherry picked

- Certified for 24/7

- Supports ECC memory

The actual performance compared to an I3/5/7 CPU is identical given that they have the same architecture and clock speed. For instance a quad-core xeon at 3.4GHz (Haswell) has identical performance (With margin of error and binning margin) to an I5 at 3.4GHz

The myth that xeon is worse than an I5/I7 for gaming needs to die a horrible death immediately

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

No.

Its as good as locked i7 for gaming.

Its cheaper because no IGPU.

It has the label xeon because:

- Cherry picked

- Certified for 24/7

- Supports ECC memory

The actual performance compared to an I3/5/7 CPU is identical given that they have the same architecture and clock speed. For instance a quad-core xeon at 3.4GHz (Haswell) has identical performance (With margin of error and binning margin) to an I5 at 3.4GHz

The myth that xeon is worse than an I5/I7 for gaming needs to die a horrible death immediately

Oh okay then, thanks for the info, didn't know about that.

Yes no doubt.

But there a difference in the last two years since some games are quite well threaded.

In the past this wasn't the case.

The best option is the XEON E3 always  :wub:

Best bang for the buck cpu on the market.

Which xeon e3? The i5 4790k is 200 right now and the cheapest Xeon I can find is 220.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I m planning to build a PC with the following parts:-

Intel Core i7 4690k

Kingston 4 GB RAM

Thermaltake Smart SE 730W

Corsair Carbide 200R

is it good ?

will there be any bottlenecks, especially if i add a graphics card such as Radeon R9 290 ?

anxiously waiting for reply

Intel Core i5 4690k

Kingston 8 GB RAM

Corsair 650M (650 Watt)

Corsair Carbide 200R

i will use it, mostly for the gaming.
i selected the i7 4790k so that it'll be future proof.
the i5 4690k isn't available in my country, though the i5 4670k is available which i'm sure is outdated.
however, will it be ok if i go for the i5 4690 or the i7 4790 (non-overclockable CPU) ?

I cannot imagine there will be any bottlenecks but if this machine is JUST for gaming then I recommend an i5 or AMD FX and at least 8gb ram. Apart from that this build seems fine, maybe try getting a lower wattage power supply to save money and power

And never, ever, ever use the phrase "future proofing" ever again.

the i5 4690k isn't available in my country, though the i5 4670k is available which i'm sure is outdated.

however, will it be ok if i go for the i5 4690 or the i7 4790 (non-overclockable CPU) ?

If u are going for a locked i5 and i7, get a Xeon as it is an i7 for i5 price 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

The i5 4670K isn't outdated. The i5 4690K has the improved thermal interface material and a very slight clock speed increase of 100MHz. As long as you go with a Z97 board then you also have support for Broadwell.