Cat Tips

spartaman64

When can i leave my cat to explore the house unattended. I showed the around the house 3 times and i heard its not a good idea to let her go off on her own immediately.

just give her some catnip

Z1hMv1R.jpg

If you just got the cat, provide it with food, water, and a cozy place to rest and hide. If its still jittery and might try to escape, keep doors and windows closed.

Don't look straight into its eyes. Talk to it often (not too loud) so it gets used to your voice. Don't manhandle it too much unless its already comfortable with its new home.

Soon it will understand that you are no harm and will provide it with easy food and security, and it won't have a reason to run away.

Pets are not toys. Give it consideration whenever you leave the house unattended.

we had her for 3 days so shes not that jittery and shes comfortable with me holding her even in rumble's position (on her back in my arms).

also should i be concerned if she tries to eat spiders.

Good good  :lol:

By the way grats for 1K posts.

lol i didnt notice

also is there a collar thing that i can use to track her around the house

A collar is fine, but it should not be so tight that it chokes the cat. Also avoid shiny/noise making collars like those with bells. If one day it was forced to live as a stray, it needs to hunt to survive. With a shiny/noisy collar it can never catch prey and will starve to death.

i wonder if there is collar where i can use my phone to tell me how far or close i am to find her