Best Headset/Headphones + Mic For Under 75gbp

EllieThePurpleFuzzy

Okay i thought it'd be best to make this topic :D, help me get a definitive answer.

As mentioned my turtle beach earforce X11's suffered a sad end :( and boy did i really love that headset, so i'm in the market for a new audio solution :D.

Now i guess of importance i should mention i have a Asus Xonar DS 7.1 Sound card and i listen to music like.....a freaking load :D. so anything with nice audio quality is a bonus.

I also need a headset that isn't so prone to snapping so anything like holding the speakers with metal bits would be nice, as it was the plastic bits that snapped on my x11 and i'd really not like that to happen again :(, i noticed the Gamecom 788 has the metal bits i was looking for but the thing that dealbroke the gamecom was it was only USB, where as i want something like how the logitech G430 has with the audio jacks connecting to an adapter.

microphone wise, just anything that is decent is all, and cheap.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Hyperx clouds are something around 60 or 80 pounds I believe, I recommend those.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Okay i thought it'd be best to make this topic :D, help me get a definitive answer.

As mentioned my turtle beach earforce X11's suffered a sad end :( and boy did i really love that headset, so i'm in the market for a new audio solution :D.

Now i guess of importance i should mention i have a Asus Xonar DS 7.1 Sound card and i listen to music like.....a freaking load :D. so anything with nice audio quality is a bonus.

I also need a headset that isn't so prone to snapping so anything like holding the speakers with metal bits would be nice, as it was the plastic bits that snapped on my x11 and i'd really not like that to happen again :(, i noticed the Gamecom 788 has the metal bits i was looking for but the thing that dealbroke the gamecom was it was only USB, where as i want something like how the logitech G430 has with the audio jacks connecting to an adapter.

microphone wise, just anything that is decent is all, and cheap.

I have a pair of Superlux HD 681s which I got off amazon for £25 and are really good. Then you can buy a separate mic if you need one with the remaining money

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

How about the logitech G430's? :D.

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Audio Technica ATH 40X? :D

Corsair Raptor HS40? :D

Corsair Raptor HS40? :D

Look, the Clouds are the best headset you're going to get in this price range.

I have a Steelseries siberia v2 and love it, very comfy and the headband design makes it very difficult to snap.

I have a Steelseries siberia v2 and love it, very comfy and the headband design makes it very difficult to snap.

As opposed to the large amount of headsets that are easy to snap?  :rolleyes:

As opposed to the large amount of headsets that are easy to snap?  :rolleyes:

That was one of the stated problems from OP so I thought it was worth a mention. Also if you have ever been in one of those shops like HMV that has displays of headphones, quite a lot of them feel like they couldn't take more than a stiff breeze.

That was one of the stated problems from OP so I thought it was worth a mention. Also if you have ever been in one of those shops like HMV that has displays of headphones, quite a lot of them feel like they couldn't take more than a stiff breeze.

Oh, I didn't read OP fully. Sorry! ^.^

The HyperX Cloud sound great, really great, excellent design and very comfy (they even give you both leather AND cloth ear cushions... but the mic is crap. Really, crap. The v2 USB version is slightly better I have read however. Unless you need USB, I'd get the v1 and pair them up with the Antlion ModMic, if you don't mind the extra wire.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti