Anyone have a Jet Ski?

crazydog2580

Recently I've been thinking about getting a jet ski. My first question is which brand should I go for sea-doo or Yamaha? My main place would be on the Nepean river Sydney but id like to do some salt water rides every now and then. I'm thinking brand new 2015 model. As I have never been one for buying anything second hand. I've spoken to one sea-doo dealer and I felt that he was just up selling me.

Really I'm just not sure what model I should start with. I haven't been on a ski in almost 15years. I have the money to buy top of the line but do I really need a 260hp super charged monster?

Id like a 3 seater sit down something the wife can use as well the gti130 looked ok?

fyi  GTI130 http://www.seadoo.com.au/pwc/gti-130.php

something interesting's going to happen. I'm smelling it.  :ph34r:

EDIT: I'd go with Yamaha though. Never heard that 1st dealer ;)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

something interesting's going to happen. I'm smelling it.  :ph34r:

EDIT: I'd go with Yamaha though. Never heard that 1st dealer ;)

yeah at first I was thinking Yamaha but they don't seem to have a closed loop cooling system and that slightly puts me off 

Sea-doo is a pretty big company for jet skies.  At least in the US they are.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Yeah go with Yamaha. Get a used one though, not new.

why Yamaha?

why Yamaha?

Trusted company running all over the world?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

No I do not have a jet ski.  Buy me one and I will have one.  I will send you the shipping details in a private message.

model? colour?

model? colour?

Let me look up information and I will get back to you in a few.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Trusted company running all over the world?

I guess that's a fair point I believe sea-doo are also world wide though...I could be wrong

I guess that's a fair point I believe sea-doo are also world wide though...I could be wrong

Yea. They seem to sell it worlwide.

http://gyazo.com/c5ebe08f1eb2fdbb845decf5f438fb76 

COMING SOON

I have not owned one, but I'm very familiar with "boats" in general. Jet skis are like cars - they will all get you to where you to go, they will all need the same maintenance regardless of brand. YAMAHA VS. SEA-DOO is like Ford vs. Chev. There will be shops who can repair both and each will offer there own benefits upon what the standard features are, creatures comforts if you will. There are things to look at like fuel capacity, weight vs power etc. Some have better storage options and controls. The engines have come a long way and they aren't bullet proof, smaller engines in these units often get abused just because of the operator and generally how these are used, rebuilds are fairly common to all brands. Which is why buying new is often a good idea with these things. 

Quality is interesting - not something my general knowledge can really comment on, but I'm sure neither will fall apart, but it will how they are constructed, the placement of drains and complexity of components.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Go yamaha but I'd have a look at kawasaki as well 

http://www.sea-doo.ca/watercraft/sea-doo-spark.html

I want the 3 seater.  Color choice = Licorice.  I also want iBR feature.

(Btw I can't believe how expensive these things are!)

im shocked you chose the cheapest one. :)

Go yamaha but I'd have a look at kawasaki as well 

im not a fan of the way the Kawasaki's look... but ill be heading to a dealer for them just to have a talk to the guys about them in general  

im shocked you chose the cheapest one. :)

Well I didn't want to be greedy or anything and I needed something that was suitable to be pulled behind any old vehicle.  I didn't go super cheap though cuz I added features that made it more costly.  The 3 seat option and the iBR feature.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

We own 3 See doos they have worked great for us. If your going to buy used please have someone help you that knows what your doing, it is very easy to get scammed when buying used.

For you and the wife? This shouldn't even be a discussion, a pair of Sea-doo Sparks. They aren't the fastest or wildest ones out there but the two of you will have more fun on two lower powered machines than one more powerful one.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We own 3 See doos they have worked great for us. If your going to buy used please have someone help you that knows what your doing, it is very easy to get scammed when buying used.

will be buying new.

what models do you have?

For you and the wife? This shouldn't even be a discussion, a pair of Sea-doo Sparks. They aren't the fastest or wildest ones out there but the two of you will have more fun on two lower powered machines than one more powerful one.

I have thought about this but the cheapish build of the sparks puts me off. if I were to buy a pair it would be a pair of gti130's I think... im a fat guy 125kg so I think I need a little more power then the sparks lol

I'd go with a Sea-Doo. I know BRP (company that makes Sea-Doo, along with Can-Am and Ski-Doo) is very reputable (at least here in Canada) and anyone I know who has a product made by BRP has never complained. They are more on the expensive end, compared to others because they are built to last.

I have thought about this but the cheapish build of the sparks puts me off. if I were to buy a pair it would be a pair of gti130's I think... im a fat guy 125kg so I think I need a little more power then the sparks lol

I hear ya on the cost cutting.

But two jetskis (especially if you plan on using them with your wife) is more than twice as much fun.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

will be buying new.

what models do you have?

I am not sure of the models, they are older ( 2002, 2004, 2005) but I do know 2 are 2 seaters and the last one is a 3 seater. 

I hear ya on the cost cutting.

But two jetskis (especially if you plan on using them with your wife) is more than twice as much fun.

ill have talk it over with the wife again and see what she thinks. I am going on holidays in a month I think ill hire a pair and see what she thinks of having her own she normally just likes to ride along on most things.