Silent cases..

riixupvp

So my NZXT Phantom is extremely loud- rattling and fan noise.. even at idle. I was looking at the h4400, but I noticed that it has a side panel and I was wondering just how quiet the h440 is, or if I should go with the less attractive fractal design define r4.

I have the Define R4 and it is dead silent. I love em. Though the CPU is like 20 freaking kilos :(

Less attractive? Guess you can have your own opinion, but Fractal's cases are amazing.

So my NZXT Phantom is extremely loud- rattling and fan noise.. even at idle. I was looking at the h4400, but I noticed that it has a side panel and I was wondering just how quiet the h440 is, or if I should go with the less attractive fractal design define r4.

Silent cases lose quite a bit of their noise suppression capabilities when you get the windowed versions.

A good choice would be a non-windowed Fractal Design Define R5 with an air cooler like the NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 3 for the CPU.

The Be Quiet Silent Base 800 is also worth a look.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

if you want to go cheap my sharkoon bd28 is really silent

I didn't know what to put here...

The fractal define r4 is dead silent but on the side panel theres the removable part for a fan to go, and that is personally just incredibly un attractive, I looked online and there is no closed side panel version of the h440, which sucks.

R5 but it doesnt work miracles u still need to choose your components carefully so they dont make too much noise. 

Well I have pretty quiet parts... H100i and a 290x lightning.. so that shouldn't really be the problem. All I hear is the case rattling and the GPU fan spinning up against the metal

Though the CPU is like 20 freaking kilos :(

So when did they use lawrencium instead of gold and silicon for cpus? Even then an approximately 2cm^3 piece would still have trouble reaching 20kg...

As for a quite case well I guess you can always replace the stock fans with Noctua's...