"ghetto" water cooling help?

so I am running an FX9590 under a special AMD aio 120mm cooler and it is good enough to keep it at stock settings but I want to upgrade to a 2x or 3x 120mm radiator and I am wondering if I can just cut the tubes and use new tubing and refill it and add a rad and a resovior to keep the cool pump/block that this aio cooler has. and I might even eventualy do a crazy custom loop with 2 more aio pumps on my gpu's and make it one large loop. any ideas or help is welcome.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

so I am running an FX9590 under a special AMD aio 120mm cooler and it is good enough to keep it at stock settings but I want to upgrade to a 2x or 3x 120mm radiator and I am wondering if I can just cut the tubes and use new tubing and refill it and add a rad and a resovior to keep the cool pump/block that this aio cooler has. and I might even eventualy do a crazy custom loop with 2 more aio pumps on my gpu's and make it one large loop. any ideas or help is welcome.

please dont ghetto make a custom loop out of AiOs, they are made to be untouched

a 120mm rad is enough for the FX, but i wouldnt overclock it further, if you want to overclock beyond 5ghz

i would get an enermax liqtech 240 or a fractal design kelvin s36

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

instead of spending hundreds of dollars to very likely fry your PC with a leak, spend that money to upgrade to a better CPU...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

please dont ghetto make a custom loop out of AiOs, they are made to be untouched

a 120mm rad is enough for the FX, but i wouldnt overclock it further, if you want to overclock beyond 5ghz

i would get an enermax liqtech 240 or a fractal design kelvin s36

tha main thing is I want to keep the waterblock/pump combo because it looks realy good in my system.

instead of spending hundreds of dollars to very likely fry your PC with a leak, spend that money to upgrade to a better CPU...

no, I wont be spending much at all, I just need a larger rtadiator. and my cpu is the best amd has to offer, im not looking into getting a new mobo/ram/cpu/cooler.

and it is just as likley to leak as a custom watercooled settup that uses barbs and hose, its not that difrent.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

The only problem I can see is the pump not being powerful enough for the larger radiator, but that shouldn't be an issue. As long as you use new tubing and can find a reservoir with the same size fittings, everything should work.

The only problem I can see is the pump not being powerful enough for the larger radiator, but that shouldn't be an issue. AS long as you use new tubing and can find a reservoir with the same size fittings, everything should work.

yeah, thats the only problem that I could see, and I would just test what the flow is like after I fill it with the larger rad but before I install it.

Spoiler

If you want to expand your loop, check out an expandable loop like the H220-x or Raijintek Triton

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If you want to expand your loop, check out an expandable loop like the H220-x or Raijintek Triton

yeah but I really want to keep the block/pump that this aio has because it looks really really good with my system.

Spoiler

yeah but I really want to keep the block/pump that this aio has because it looks really really good with my system.

The Raijintek pump/block/res looks pretty nice, just get the one with the red liquid and it'll match :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

tha main thing is I want to keep the waterblock/pump combo because it looks realy good in my system.

no, I wont be spending much at all, I just need a larger rtadiator. and my cpu is the best amd has to offer, im not looking into getting a new mobo/ram/cpu/cooler.

and it is just as likley to leak as a custom watercooled settup that uses barbs and hose, its not that difrent.

do. not. dissassemble. all. in. one. water. coolers.

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

You most probably cannot do that except you buy an aluminium radiator. the metals will corrode when mixed in one loop and you will end up with a corroded block or radiator. do not do that. 

wow... pretty empty here...

does it really matter? I mean you not staring at the bloody inside 24/7......I didn't just purchase my PC just to look at the insides all the time, just saying

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Ramamataz, on 12 Feb 2015 - 1:37 PM, said:

does it really matter? I mean you not staring at the bloody inside 24/7......I didn't just purchase my PC just to look at the insides all the time, just saying

I second this, I mean have a nice case and lights for when you look at your pc

my pc is directly to the right of my monitor and is in a NZXT H440 so it has a huge window and is visible 100% of the time when I am using it.

I second this, I mean have a nice case and lights for when you look at your pc

I take pride in the looks of my pc, I spent a lot of time making sure that it looks very nice.

You most probably cannot do that except you buy an aluminium radiator. the metals will corrode when mixed in one loop and you will end up with a corroded block or radiator. do not do that. 

why would I buy an aluminum radiator? copper radiators are common enough that it would not be any trouble to get one.

do. not. disassemble. all. in. one. water. coolers.

why? because the company tells you to? the warranty is up on the cooler so why not? if I add a resovour and a larger rad and make sure it has acceptable flow I see no problems.

Spoiler

my pc is directly to the right of my monitor and is in a NZXT H440 so it has a huge window and is visible 100% of the time when I am using it.

I take pride in the looks of my pc, I spent a lot of time making sure that it looks very nice.

why would I buy an aluminum radiator? copper radiators are common enough that it would not be any trouble to get one.

why? because the company tells you to? the warranty is up on the cooler so why not? if I add a resovour and a larger rad and make sure it has acceptable flow I see no problems.

you should only dissasemble water cooler that actually are soposed to be dissasembled and are "expandable" the swiftech h220x is one of those

Pretty sure that's some form of Oxymoron...

I doubt the AIO Pump could push through another 120mm rad, let alone a new Res, and a 240mm Rad... 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

you should only dissasemble water cooler that actually are soposed to be dissasembled and are "expandable" the swiftech h220x is one of those

I see no reason not to, its like saying dont overclock your cpu because it voids waranty. just because the company says not to is not a real reason. yes it is easier to wok with the expandable units but that is the only logic that I see there.

Pretty sure that i'm some form of intel fanboy...

I doubt the AIO Pump could push through another 120mm rad, let alone a new Res, and a 240mm Rad... 

I would make sure before installing the modified system that it has good flow rate and if it does not, reatach the original radiator. not that hard of a mod.

Spoiler

rainbrodash666, on 12 Feb 2015 - 2:04 PM, said:

you can always give it a pant job after, hence why I don't care to much about my parts colour

The issue I see with doing this is not merely that they suggest that you do not do it.

What worries me is that the pump most likely won't be powerful enough to drive more radiators and blocks.  On top of that; how would you bleed this loop due to the integrated combo?  

Also, how would you go about filling this new loop?

The issue I see with doing this is not merely that they suggest that you do not do it.

What worries me is that the pump most likely won't be powerful enough to drive more radiators and blocks.  On top of that; how would you bleed this loop due to the integrated combo?  

Also, how would you go about filling this new loop?

I would be adding a radiator and a res, or maybe get one of the swiftech rads with a built in res like what came with the original H220. and the complete fill and bleed would be done outside of the case so I could make sure it works before I attach it to my cpu.

Spoiler

you can always give it a pant job after, hence why I don't care to much about my parts colour

it took me forever to find this specific cooler because I really like how it looks, it has an rgb led behind a AMD FX unlocked cpu logo, it came with special editions of the FX8150

Spoiler

rainbrodash666, on 12 Feb 2015 - 2:53 PM, said:

it took me forever to find this specific cooler because I really like how it looks, it has an rgb led behind a AMD FX unlocked cpu logo, it came with special editions of the FX8150

awesome

awesome

its a bit dusty right now but this is why I dont want to change the block/pump.

vLQuWSA.jpg

Spoiler

That question sounds like you didn't even bother to read my damn post.

BECAUSE DIFFERENT METALS IN ONE SINGLE LOOP WILL CORRODEEEEE!

aluminium block + aluminium radiator   is GOOD        aluminium block + copper      radiator  is BAD

copper      block + copper         radiator  is GOOD        copper      block +  aluminium radiator  is BAD

you do not want to do a mixed metal loop. 

wow... pretty empty here...