Canadian International Auto Show: A Preview

19fw02hm01xc0jpg.jpg

Since LTTF's search feature is either still broken or nobody has posted this yet (last years posts all came after the show) I decided to give y'all a brief preview of what to expect, if you're in the Toronto ON, Can area and are attending. (Preface: I went last year, but have a feeling this year's show will have more to offer)

Just like last year, the Canadian International Auto Show will make good use of both ends of the Metro Toronto Convention Center, populating a minimum of five floors with all things automotive goodness. Among the regular econoboxes we see on the roads, last year also showcased the various classics, concept cars, supercars, hypercars, and even racecars. CIAS has lined up 125 different exhibits this year, totalling over 1,000 cars - many of which you can interact with, provided you dont mind waiting. But that's going to change a bit this year!

Sometime this year (or last year, I can't seem to remember) it was announced that Cruise Nationals will no longer be a part of the circuit, meaning no more beautifully restored classic muscle cars. But fear not, because they have been replaced by something better - sharing the same floor space as many of Toronto's tuners this year will be a two-dozen car display titled "Art and the Automobile" run by the Cobble Beach Concours d'Elegance (similar to Pebble beach but smaller and in Canada). Confirmed are: 1929 Bugatti, 1962 Chrysler's turbine car, 1963 Ford Mustang II Concept.

That didn't get you going? Remember when PFAFF Tuning was named Canada's sole exclusive Pagani dealer? Remember the all-carbon Huayra they brought into Ontario in 2013? Yeah, that's going to be at the show. As is the new Lamborghini Huracan alongside the larger Aventadors; while I'm not sure if PFAFF will be bringing back the white P1 that was there last year, I'm really hoping that at least the Ford GT will be there. If you haven't heard already, the new GT will actually be manufactured in Canada, specifically at Ford's Markham facility. Oh, and Toyota is FINALLY bringing the FT-1 to Canada, so be sure to check that out.

Still nothing? Tough crowd. Well, ontop of the $15-25 ticket you purchased to even get in, there's a free exhibit at the show that I'm sure EVERYBODY will want to visit. That is none other than getting a chance to drive the infamous Peel P50. For FREE. The catch 22 here being that the speed is limited to 30 km/h, but saying you got to drive the world's smallest street legal car is something. Unlike the original cars, these are all brand new P50s from Peel, built for Ripley's and featuring all electric motors (Jeremy Clarkson was onto something!).

Although this may be of little interest to many of you on this forum, new for the 2015 show is also the ability to buy new cars right on the show floor. I recall there was a strong presence at the Mercedes booth last year regarding the CLA, so clearly this addition was warranted. If you're not into buying a car, there will also be an raffle where the prizes are a Ford Mustang and/or a Subari WRX STI.

The show runs from February 13-22, so if you're going give me a shout out!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

why couldnt you be in calgary WHYY

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I go to one of these every year.

So far I have been to Chicago, New York, Detroit, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis. Never been to the Canadian one though.

Always a ton of fun.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Sweet

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How this compared to the Detroit Auto Show?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

How this compared to the Detroit Auto Show?

I was a bit disappointed by the Detroit show, I haven't been to this one but the Chicago show is absolutely better than Detroit's.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

dat smexy suburu BRZ in the corner. soo nice soo blue. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.