Hypocrite?

Jedicake

Am I hypocrite if I think water cooling is unnecessary and the payoff isn't worth it for all the hard work, but I love doing it?

What keeps me going through this? What keeps you guys going through this?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

If I give up on it and go back to air cooling, I think my PC will be boring and dull

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Am I hypocrite if I think water cooling is unnecessary and the payoff isn't worth it for all the hard work, but I love doing it?

By your definition: Yes, yes you are lol

I personally think water cooling is worth it and necessary in some scenarios.

Congratulations: you're a hypocrite! :P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

well this was known before going in both feet first. the custom thing is epeen,

looks and styling. we know it isn't necessary, enthusiasts aren't about necessity,

but best of what is available and can/can't be done.

enthusiasts aren't about necessity

This is what sets us apart from gamers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i figure i got one more over-the-top build in me and then just roll on AIO cooling

to support anything after that. 

Double standards are better than none...... :D

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

i figure i got one more over-the-top build in me and then just roll on AIO cooling

to support anything after that. 

Just did my first big loop. Honestly for next time I might just get a good air cooler and not deal with all the fuss lol even tho my temps are phenomenal.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I watercool for function over form. Same Laing pump, same cheap de-ionized water (just topped up as required) and same kill coil for the past 5 years. Same rads, pipe and CPU block also. I just change mobo, ram GPU and CPU as required. I always watercool the GPU on the same loop too.

I like silence and I'd say that it's been no real bother yet and has most certainly provided good value for the initial outlay. I run it passively unless I'm gaming (singleplayer boring stuff like the Rome total war series, Skyrim etc I'm afraid). Great temps, always. :)

The only reason that I didn't buy a gaming laptop recently was down to the noise that the fans churned out. I'm not sure that I could ever go back to that.

Inst the noctua DH 15 better than some AIO water coolers?

I usually recommend that.

Yea the DH15 is phenomenal

Hypocritical? No. Enthusiastic? Yes.

Hypocrisy would be if you advocated one way or another, but did the opposite yourself.

When you flirt with Death, you run the risk that Death has something more serious in mind.

CCIE #4206

Enthusiasm and passion are the words.