GTX 980 Sli

Hi there, I have one question. I gonna buy a new computer and I´m thinking about to put in to it 2 GTX 980. I gonna have water cooling there but I don´t know what power supply is good to by to power both graphic cards? And one more question. Can I water cool both GPU or one or any. 

Thanks.

Go for a corsair and maybe like 850 watts if its gunna run a loop too, what are the full system specs?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

An EVGA 750W should be fine 

If you want a little more room for a future 3-way you might get an 850 or 1000W 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438025&cm_re=evga_750w-_-17-438-025-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438030&cm_re=evga_850w-_-17-438-030-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438010&cm_re=evga_1000w-_-17-438-010-_-Product

other good brands are Corsair, Cooler master, Be quiet, And look for 80 plus Bronze or better

EVGA G2 PSUs are good.

Their lineup of PSUs are much good and cheaper..

If not get Seasonic PSUs.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

750 watts are fine, but you really shouldn't buy 980s. they are extremely overpriced. Get an R9 295X2, it performs within 10% of 2 980s for half the price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For 2way, 650w is already plenty. Really, a 750w psu would have been enough even for QUAD sli. You'd just have to deal with the pain of getting some molex adapters, but as far as wattage goes, you'd be perfectly fine.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

If you're going to OC the two cards + CPU I think a ~850W psu will be nice. You can get away with maybe ~750W but I rather be on the safe route if you do plan on overclocking all 3 of those components. Yes maxwell is more efficient but some of that goes out the window once you pump higher clocks than the out-the-box speeds.

If you're going to OC the two cards + CPU I think a ~850W psu will be nice. You can get away with maybe ~750W but I rather be on the safe route if you do plan on overclocking all 3 of those components. Yes maxwell is more efficient but some of that goes out the window once you pump higher clocks than the out-the-box speeds.

In theory, you can get away with 430w PSUs, not 750w. 850 is overkill, in fact, even 750 is as well. Getting 650w psus would be perfect.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Hi there, I have one question. I gonna buy a new computer and I´m thinking about to put in to it 2 GTX 980. I gonna have water cooling there but I don´t know what power supply is good to by to power both graphic cards? And one more question. Can I water cool both GPU or one or any. 

Thanks.

You can watercool both cards and the cpu as well if you have the budget. I would suggest cards from EVGA as they don't void your warranty when you take the cooler off. There might be other manufacturers who offer the same.