Shure SE215 or something else at the 100 dollar point?

Zerolessmusic

Hey guys, I have been looking at some new in ears and have heard (Audio Joke that I am now pointing out so it is not as funny!) that the shure se215s are some of the best at that price point, should I go with the shures or something else?  (I don't really know how to describe the sound I want, I love the sound of my beyerdynamic dt 770s, So I guess studio monitorey, that's not a word is it?)

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Hey guys, I have been looking at some new in ears and have heard (Audio Joke that I am now pointing out so it is not as funny!) that the shure se215s are some of the best at that price point, should I go with the shures or something else?  (I don't really know how to describe the sound I want, I love the sound of my beyerdynamic dt 770s, So I guess studio monitorey, that's not a word is it?)

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R6i-Black-Headphone-Patented/dp/B00JPK9T1W

I've heard nothing but good things about these.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R6i-Black-Headphone-Patented/dp/B00JPK9T1W

I've heard nothing but good things about these.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response, TO THE RESEARCH(ING)!!!

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

There's the Sennheiser Momentum IEM's as well.

I've looked at them, they are so nice, and metal. Adding them to the selection pool  :P

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

You could consider RHA-M750i and Yamaha EPH-100. Both are more expensive than SE215, but SE215 IMO is only good in comfort, kinda lacks the sound at its price point.

You could consider RHA-M750i and Yamaha EPH-100. Both are more expensive than SE215, but SE215 IMO is only good in comfort, kinda lacks the sound at its price point.

The RHA MA750 (non i) dont have a remote, those are a lot closer, I will also add the yamaha set to the list, because if it comes to an extra 30 bucks, I will take better sound quality.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

The Shures are definitely worth the $99. As for the Klipsch, they are hella good, but the cable is "noisy". You can hear when the cable moves and such.

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

The Shures are definitely worth the $99. As for the Klipsch, they are hella good, but the cable is "noisy". You can hear when the cable moves and such.

I don't like the rha at all. Hifiman re400 is probably what I would go for at under $100. If your budget was more, then get the fostex te05.

VSonic GR07 is also a great choice around that price.

All of these have been added to the list, thank you for all the suggestions! (also, "the list" sounds kind of like I am a crazed man, making a murder list, but I can assure that is a different forum  :P)

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

All of these have been added to the list, thank you for all the suggestions! (also, "the list" sounds kind of like I am a crazed man, making a murder list, but I can assure that is a different forum :P)

RE-400 doesnt have a lot of bass, it's a bit of a mid forward IEM and the build quality isnt all that great. Does the sound worth $80? Yes.

I love the sound of my beyerdynamic dt 770s

Sennheiser Momentum should have the most similar sound, if you're wanting a same-ish experience.

SE215 is more flat sounding, but isn't really that great for a portable IEM, imo. The cable is rather bulky and ungainly - good for stage performance, bad for stuffing in your pocket between classes.

Sennheiser Momentum should have the most similar sound, if you're wanting a same-ish experience.

SE215 is more flat sounding, but isn't really that great for a portable IEM, imo. The cable is rather bulky and ungainly - good for stage performance, bad for stuffing in your pocket between classes.

I love the looks of the sennheiser momentums, I love how the shures go over the ear, as I have issues with in ears falling out, are the sennheisers (if you own them) comfortable going over/around the ear? (like the shures)

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

RE-400 doesnt have a lot of bass, it's a bit of a mid forward IEM and the build quality isnt all that great. Does the sound worth $80? Yes.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

VSonic GR07 is also a great choice around that price.

+1

I have a rebrand of the GR06, and they are now my favorite headphone entirely. Very comfortable for extended use.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I love the looks of the sennheiser momentums, I love how the shures go over the ear, as I have issues with in ears falling out, are the sennheisers (if you own them) comfortable going over/around the ear? (like the shures)

I would guess using the Momentum in-ears with the cable over the ear would be kinda bad, as the flat cable isn't very thin. Haven't tried them personally, however.

Can I suggest something totally tangential? Try out some cheaper IEMs from, what will seem to you, obscure companies. The NuForce NE-600X has an accentuated V-shaped signature (similar to your Beyerdynamics), the VSONIC VSD1S is a darkish neutral, and the Soundmagic E10 is a bassy option. All under $50, all wearable over the ear, and all fairly durable.

I would guess using the Momentum in-ears with the cable over the ear would be kinda bad, as the flat cable isn't very thin. Haven't tried them personally, however.

Can I suggest something totally tangential? Try out some cheaper IEMs from, what will seem to you, obscure companies. The NuForce NE-600X has an accentuated V-shaped signature (similar to your Beyerdynamics), the VSONIC VSD1S is a darkish neutral, and the Soundmagic E10 is a bassy option. All under $50, all wearable over the ear, and all fairly durable.

I have considered going a cheaper route... I will keep that option in consideration. I figured the momentums cable would get in the way, just thought I would ask.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear