Is there a "right" way to play Skyrim?

NARAKU_KAT

Hi guys, i've been playing Skyrim for the last 2 weeks and i'm still a bit lost on how to play it, i mean it seems i can become a thief, a stormcloaker (sorry if that's not the name) an imperial etc. i've traveled trough most of the map but i still have this feeling i colud be doing it wrong, these are some of the thing that are worrying me...

1.- I'm such a bad boy, and in the first 3 days of playing i killed many people. including the blacksmith we meet after arriving to riverwood, i wonder if that will eventually break something in the story.

2.- I've accidentally triggered many fights by burning or cutting children and women and consequently had to kill the witnesses, in fact i thought i had killed dolphine, but she came back...

3.- I killed about 5 dragons before going with the greybeards.

4.- What really freaks me out is to think i could have done something terribly wrong and won't be able to finish the story :(

I know i could find every answer by googling it but, i don't want any unnecesary spoiler,  so the only question i have is: Are there right and wrong ways to finish the game or whatever i do it will end just the same?

If you wondered how many people is gessing the same:

post-42167-0-51979500-1423532529_thumb.j

post-42167-0-51979500-1423532529_thumb.j

Don't get mad, get even...

The answer to your question is no.

It's a sandbox RPG. At the end of the day it's down to you how you want to play. Personally i like to roleplay quite a bit. But nowhere near the extent of what some people do.

Also, the "main story" so to speak feels quite short tbh, but the "side quests" can actually take up as much, if not more time to complete. To me it's like the game is about having fun on your adventure, as that is a reward in itself. Once it's all done and dusted you can either mod the shit out of the game, and just fanny about, with house mods and castles etc. Or simply make a new character, which is what i personally do. I think i've created over 500 characters by now, and finished all relevant quests in regards to what i wanted them to be, roleplay wise.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Npcs that are essential to the story line cannot be killed. Instead they fall down on their knees and then get back up to fight after a little while, so your all good as far quests breaking.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

I do that all the time, go into random houses and steal stuff, kill guards to take like a 50gold item.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

you have made me proud. *wipes tear* you should be good. some mods you can kill quest givers and some mods let you enable quest givers to be killed

Thank you guys, i was really worried about breaking something, i think i'll continue to troll a bit and enjoy the journey, for the mods, i don't think i'll be able to do it since i only have 1Gb of Vram, i guess running the game on such a crappy laptop is a miracle itself :P

Thank you guys, i was really worried about breaking something, i think i'll continue to troll a bit and enjoy the journey, for the mods, i don't think i'll be able to do it since i only have 1Gb of Vram, i guess running the game on such a crappy laptop is a miracle itself :P

There are plenty of mods that do not affect performance and some that even increase fps!

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

it might be for the better. i get 20 hours in with my lizard wizard and then my game craps out because of all the crazy quest mods and other junk. 

There are plenty of mods that do not affect performance and some that even increase fps!

I guess i'll try, Skyrim is such a great game, i just can't have enough of it :D

I guess i'll try, Skyrim is such a great game, i just can't have enough of it :D

I'm at 440 hours and counting  :D

It's meant to be an open world experience. You're able to do whatever you want in Skyrim (though, they have slowly been curtailing that) and not mess with the story. You can also power game if you really wanted to.

I have not played Skyrim, but I know you can't kill essential NPCs, so you should be fine.

Don't let any game tell you how to play it xD.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

this is how I played skyrim, I installed it, got lost for an hour.. never played it since! lol did that with fallout 3 as well. bought them both based on the hype and found out I'm still just a fps fan at heart.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

You can't really break the game by killing people. But you can make it harder and/or less enjoyable. Key figures are only unconscious when you try to kill them. But as Skyrim is a open world game you can't really play it wrong. The only thing that could change are the side quests. Stuff like: If you join guild A you can't join guild B. 

And the right way to play it in my opinion is to mod the shit out of it and then play it the way you like. It looks like you enjoy exploring. Well you can do that. Nothing wrong about it.

Yes.

With the console disabled.

.....can't stop myself from just advancing all my skills to 100 otherwise lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes.

With the console disabled.

.....can't stop myself from just advancing all my skills to 100 otherwise lol

or seeing how many dragons it takes to crash your pc lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I'm surprised of how complex this game is, the girl whose parents i killed still calls me "mean" and said she's gonna make her own sword, i guess i also got hunted down by mercenaries because of a kill i made in some village, it's so real, wonder if GTA V will be just as amazing as Skyrim is :)

There's no right way to play skyrim.

You play however you want to play it :B

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Anarchy is love, anarchy is life.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play skyrim.  You could fucking beat everyone to death with your fists if you really felt the urge

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

There is only one way to play Skyrim properly:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202326670

LOL :P

That's actually pretty sick i'm totally getting the "Child killer" mod and MOAR bandit camps :D