Windows 8 LOVE

PCBudgetSolutions

To me after using a Windows 8 laptop since launch it almost feels like Windows 7 is missing functionality, so when it came time to finish my build I had to go with Win 8. I really love having Rainmeter on my desktop and everything seems very slick. That and I hope to pick up a Leap Motion when it launches.

My system- I7 3770k (4.8ghz), Asus Maximus V Extreme, Corsair H110, Windows 8 Pro, Gigabyte HD 7970, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w, Corsair H110, Corsair Vengance 2X8gb 1866 (OC2133), Samsung 840 500gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, and all housed in a NZXT Switch 810.

I've done some tweaking to windows 8 to get it set up like windows 7, namely classic shell, and a lot of setting of default programs and quicklaunch shortcuts.  But since that windows 8 has been great. 

It doesn't sit for no reason opening a folder for 40 seconds, and when I get to the desktop I can start using windows right away I don't have to let it load for a couple of minutes.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

People should stop comparing windows 8 to to windows me or vista its more on league of windows 7 but metro apps lack basic features that are found in windows 95 apps, while also some logic.

Btw if you wanna make your own tiles try oblytile which is great http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1899865

Thanks, oblytile is pretty cool.

I really like windows 8. Search function is awesome. Some of the apps for Modern UI are pretty good(Reddit,weather,stocks). Way more responsive than windows 7. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

People should stop comparing windows 8 to to windows me or vista its more on league of windows 7 but metro apps lack basic features that are found in windows 95 apps, while also some logic.

Btw if you wanna make your own tiles try oblytile which is great http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1899865

Hrm, well all the Win95 stuff is technically still there in the desktop mode...

Startisback FTW. But I tried it on 8.1 preview. It freaked out! File explorer corupted even in safe mode. From FTW I went to WTF and all the way back to W7. LOL

Pretty sure only the Start8 beta currently works in 8.1.

the issue i ment is lack of features in metro apps so technically forced to run windows live essentials for mail for example.

Ah, interesting. I personally find the Mail app adequate enough for my email needs. Otherwise, I have Outlook.

I tried giving the modern ui a chance. I wanted to like it cause I think it's gorgeous, but after three months I went and downloaded Start8 from Stardock, and now it's the perfect OS for me. I just love Windows 8 now that I have the start menu back. It's fast, good looking and just as stable as Windows 7 has been for me. I'm never downgrading that's for sure.

Everyone i know, including at work (IT department) love Windows 8. Windows 8.1 is even better.

You just need to know how to use it.

I used have used classic start menu and start 8 but I still like the modern ui better. With start8 I couldn't search for calculator for example or maybe it's some stupid setting.

Anyway I don't like that i need to use both ModernUI and the start8 at the same time I prefer doing everything in the same interface.

@GoodBytes I installed the windows 8 music app after you recommended it. I don't think the free streaming with ads is available in Finland or I might just be a noob.

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

if you could get rid of the metro/modern UI whatever shit

I would give it 9/10

but you cant, and it sucks and it gets a 2/10

Just use Pokki like I do, no need to see metro ever.

My sister's laptop has windows 8. She can't do anything with computers, so I always have to try and fix it when shit goes wrong. It is the spawn of satan. I cannot use the operating system to save my life. I think microsoft were trying to make a new intuitive OS, but they failed. None of it makes sense, especially on non-touchscreen computers and desktops.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

People, they are not going to return to a Windows 7 start menu. That would be pointless. You need to have an open mind and embrace change. It's a great OS, and I totally agree with the OP. The start screen is great. We are going from this little ugly menu with tiny buttons to a great looking full screen enjoyable environment that is easy to see and use. Stop bitching about it and just use the damn thing. Once you get past the personal bias you'll like it.

if you could get rid of the metro/modern UI whatever shit

I would give it 9/10

but you cant, and it sucks and it gets a 2/10

this is a windows 8.1 (blue) preview. you can get rid of metro tile thing but the metro is still there kinda if you get what im saying