Windows 8 LOVE

PCBudgetSolutions

I personally having been using it for 2 months now I must say I love it.  It's a big change but it's alot more responsive than windows 7.  I switched my motherboard to an Mpower Z77 and Windows took 2 minutes to reconfig the files for the new board, no reload needed or data loss!!

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I love it. :)

Classic Shell ftw. I only touch metro for weather (because the weather app is nice).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I personally having been using it for 2 months now I must say I love it.  It's a big change but it's alot more responsive than windows 7.  I switched my motherboard to an Mpower Z77 and Windows took 2 minutes to reconfig the files for the new board, no reload needed or data loss!!

how much is Microsoft paying you to say this .........

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if you could get rid of the metro/modern UI whatever shit

I would give it 9/10

but you cant, and it sucks and it gets a 2/10

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Windows 8 with a start menu is like Windows 7 mark 2. Everything from 7 is there but the improved file explorer, task manager, and lots of other system utilities are great.

Why in the love of anything geeky, did Microsoft not add a true start menu in 8.1? Are they worried they will put Startisback and Start8 out of business? Hell, Stardock (the company that makes Start8) even has a program that lets you run ModernUI programs in Windowed mode. That would make Windows 8 actually seem like you are using Windows.

I would give it 9/10

Classic Shell? The Metro is still there. I'm just never asked or forced to touch it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would give it 9/10

yes finally a person who sees the LIGHT

i tired soo many patches and reg hacks that removes the win8 stuff but the corner thing is still there

also classic shell is bad compared to the original

so ill stick to win7

microsoft always has been like this

xp good

vista bad

win7 good

win8 bad

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I have know love or hate for now am Switzerland but I have heard and read about icompatibility with older software & Pc games

I would give it 9/10

How can you use you special snowflake purple font when you blindly just on the conformative hate bandwagon? Have you even used Windows 8 for more than 5 minutes?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

How can you use you special snowflake purple font when you blindly just on the conformative hate bandwagon? Have you even used Windows 8 for more than 5 minutes?

Yeah I used it for 2 months

I loved the look of the desktop especially when I had a start button placed

but metro/modern is still there and classic shell is shit

HERE IS THE FIX

I modded my theme to look like windows 8 while still retaining "basic" theme on windows 7

that way it looks good and doesn't fuck up things when using aero

FIX lol

windows 8 would be good, but they tagged shit on it

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Yeah I used it for 2 months

I loved the look of the desktop especially when I had a start button placed

but metro/modern is still there and classic shell is shit

HERE IS THE FIX

I modded my theme to look like windows 8 while still retaining "basic" theme on windows 7

that way it looks good and doesn't fuck up things when using aero

FIX lol

windows 8 would be good, but they tagged shit on it

It's worth an 8-10% increase in graphical performance to me.

† Christian Member †

I love Windows 8. I haven't got a start menu installed, and I don't miss it at all. A mouse and keyboard, and no touchscreen are working excellently for me. And I'm a power user; Speed is everything to me, and I must say, it is faster: you just have to get used to it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Win 8 is much better than win 7, better hadware support, it is lighter (my pc starts up in 3 seconds  :) ) ect ect

Performance wise, i like it. But that's it for me.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

While I hate the modern UI with tiles, I do like the low start up times on my old laptop and like the somewhat cleaner look to everything. If theres one thing I cannot stand though its when you go into control panel or any settings for that matter. That takes up the full screen! :(

PC in Profile

Been using win 8 for about a month now, Haven't even looked at the modern UI at all. Just installed 'startisback' and I was on my way.
I enjoy using it for its little fixes and changes of certain apps. e.g file copy and the task manager. 

Thumbs up from me, im loving it  :)

while (true) {

live();

}

Ive gotten used to the layout

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I've been using Windows 8 since the developer preview back in September 2011. Love it!

I use windows 8, its fast.

I dont use the modern ui crap tho, I bought Start8

yes finally a person who sees the LIGHT

i tired soo many patches and reg hacks that removes the win8 stuff but the corner thing is still there

also classic shell is bad compared to the original

so ill stick to win7

microsoft always has been like this

xp good

vista bad

win7 good

win8 bad

So I guess you will be sticking to DX11 while I will get DX11.2!

I have know love or hate for now am Switzerland but I have heard and read about icompatibility with older software & Pc games

There are ways; my Windows 7 OS would not install Quake 2 from the CD, so I opened the disk, looked for setup.exe then it is installs! Also I copy all of the files from the CD to the Quake 2 dir to make it run faster.

I love it. :)

Classic Shell ftw. I only touch metro for weather (because the weather app is nice).

Startisback FTW. But I tried it on 8.1 preview. It freaked out! File explorer corupted even in safe mode. From FTW I went to WTF and all the way back to W7. LOL

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Been using it for a few months now, I like the Metro Screen to have my desktop completely empty. But mostly I am using StartIsBack after all. But the base OS is a lot better than Windows 7.

And the only thing I have had problems with yet, is Bioshock 1, the steelbox version where SecuRom says I am running an emulator, other than that, no problems what so ever ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I personally love windows 8 as well, I switched about a month ago. I can see why it'd be a problem for some. I personally use rainmeter with omnimo, I have tiles for steam, skype, itunes, etc. Everything I use on the daily. I have access to everything I need, along with some apps in the metro. It works well with how I use my computer, and I have no complaints.

SKYWALKER:

Motherboard: ASUS m4a88t-m le Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 CPU: AMD Athlon II 645 x4 3.1Ghz (OC 4.0 Ghz) CPU cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Ram: 8gb (2x4) ddr3 Corsair Vengence HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430W OS: Windows 8 Case: Raidmax Seiran (White&blue)