Will the 212 Evo cooler work on z97 micro ATX?

JorenBus

Hello all,

I'm about to buy an i5 4690k, a new cooler and a new motherboard. I'd like to buy a Cooler Master 212 Evo, but I'm not too sure if that will fit in my case/motherboard. I'll buy a z97 Gigabyte motherboard. This is micro-ATX. Will the cooler fit or not? It's pretty big.

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Yes

With coolers you have to check for case compatibility . If the cooler is too high to fit in the case .

Bigger coolers usually have problems with tall ram bu this is not the case

Yes

With coolers you have to check for case compatibility . If the cooler is too high to fit in the case .

Bigger coolers usually have problems with tall ram bu this is not the case

Are you sure? The ram seems like it's pretty close to the CPU.

https://www.alternate.nl/GIGABYTE/GA-Z97M-DS3H-socket-1150-moederbord/html/product/1139661?event=search

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

what ram and case do you have

It's either DDR3 1066 or 1333, not too sure. I have 3 sticks and my case is an Acer Aspire m7811.

It's either DDR3 1066 or 1333, not too sure. I have 3 sticks and my case is an Acer Aspire m7811.

Yeah i was asking about the ram not to know the speed but to check the size . Also your case might be too narrow to fit the 212

Yeah i was asking about the ram not to know the speed but to check the size . Also your case might be too narrow to fit the 212

That's what I feared. I guess the TX3 Evo is also a decent cooler?

That's what I feared. I guess the TX3 Evo is also a decent cooler?

avoid 92mm fans the are louder than 120mm . Try Deepcool GAMMAXX 300

Well I just measured it with the picture and the real dimensions, and it's too big. 

The cooler comes over my RAM slots, so that won't work :(

delete

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

its depends on the case you have or getting and also the height of the ram. some ram sticks tend to have giant heatsinks. i had one time really tall ram. so i had to place the and like few mm higher than it should.

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,