Shield won't stay connected

Go to solution Solved by Warcony,

Not sure which exact router I have, but I just got it.  It is some Xfinity router that is decently faster than our old one.  And yes, both my shield and drivers are up to date.

I had this problem last year with my Shield Portable and I am pretty sure Geforce Experience is the issue. Uninstall Geforce Experience (keep the other Nvidia drivers) on BEAST. Then navigate their website and download Geforce Experience; be sure not to download the standard driver package that includes Geforce Experience. Let me know if that works.

I just finished my new build, and I went to connect my Shield to it for Game stream, and it doesn't work.  It says it is connected, I do an internet test and it says that it is a good connection, but when I go to launch the game, it says Cannot connect to BEAST (that's what I called my computer :P).  When I go to check on the computer though, the game is launched and running, it just won't stay connected to the shield for more than two seconds.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I have tried everything:  disabling firewall, port forwarding, changing stream settings, forgetting and reconnecting shield.  It worked perfectly on my old computer, so I know it is not the shield itself.  Any feedback is appreciated.

What router do you have? Have you updated the Shield with it's latest updates as well as your GeForce drivers on your PC?

Not sure which exact router I have, but I just got it.  It is some Xfinity router that is decently faster than our old one.  And yes, both my shield and drivers are up to date.

I had this problem last year with my Shield Portable and I am pretty sure Geforce Experience is the issue. Uninstall Geforce Experience (keep the other Nvidia drivers) on BEAST. Then navigate their website and download Geforce Experience; be sure not to download the standard driver package that includes Geforce Experience. Let me know if that works.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Okay, I'll try that when I get back home from school.

Thanks for the basic fixing info, this thread is closed :)