Recommendation for Headphones for $50

airking95

Hey, I was wondering if you guys can recommend some good headphones, in the $50 canadian range.

Thanks

check logitech camp. at that price point you wont get really good sound, but logitech at least have good quality with mic included since people tend to buy their headphones alot. 

Its been my experience that you'll need to breach $100+ to see any worthwhile quality improvements, so don't expect miracles.

hmm, I have Sennheiser 220's right now, and they're pretty worn out, I was thinking of getting the Razer Kraken Headphones, they are on for $50 at ncix. Do you think that's a good idea ?

What will you be using these for? Will you need a mic/portability or just the best audio quality you can for the price?

If you want a headset, the SteelSeries 3HV2 looks like a good option and the Logitech G230 sounds like a better idea than the Kraken, but I haven't tried either.

Audio-Technica ATH-T400

they rrp for about $90, but places have them on sale for down to $20. Imo best pair of headphones under $200.

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

I missed out on staples blowing out their koss dj100 tony bennett editions for $27 

staples was also selling xb500's for $40-50 I was tempted to get them but I knew I'd hate their bloated sound signature. all in canadian bucks. 

it all depends on what sound signature the op is hoping to get but I agree the sub $100 headphone pickings is pretty slim.

I haven't seen phillips citiscape uptown for sub $60 in canada but they do occasionally drop pretty low. 

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

What will you be using these for? Will you need a mic/portability or just the best audio quality you can for the price?

If you want a headset, the SteelSeries 3HV2 looks like a good option and the Logitech G230 sounds like a better idea than the Kraken, but I haven't tried either.

I'll be using them for mostly music.

I love my Koss PortaPro's. They were $35 USD for me. If you don't mind them being open headphones I think they are a really great buy for under $50.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Audio-Technica ATH-T400

they rrp for about $90, but places have them on sale for down to $20. Imo best pair of headphones under $200.

Lowest I have seen them is for about $63.

At this price range you don`t have too many "great" headphones i would suggest Sennheiser HD202 (best bang for the buck) !

+1 if you don't care about having a mic or you must have open cans...

Well he said headphones and not headset so maybe he doesn't need a microphone.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

well I did manage to snag my ath ws55 for $55 or $60 shipped to canada new in box but I was passively browsing those for months. and I jumped all over that deal.

IMO the ws55 blows the older brother ath-m50 out of the water in all aspects of sound. bass mids soundstage highs... well highs. it might be a bit too bright. 

however it is a cheap headphone and it is the bottom of the ws line and feels a bit cheap and fragile. like the poratpros its just a springsteel headband conected to 2 plastic cups. and it is on ear. but unlike other on ears I don't have problems giving it a 2 hour listening session. 

Lowest I have seen them is for about $63.

Luck favors the patient, and prepared

xbwoPSJ.png

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

At this price range you don`t have too many "great" headphones i would suggest Sennheiser HD202 (best bang for the buck) !

already got a Sennheiser HD220.

Luck favors the patient, and prepared

xbwoPSJ.png

Not Sure, if they ship to Canada.

Not Sure, if they ship to Canada.

probably not, but if you keep your ears open, follow manufacturers on social media, you may pick-up some crazy deals. I've found that I got much better quality and value buying entry-level recording equipment than gaming-grade gear. I use CAD mics, Audio-Technica headphones, both open and closed.

Any idea about the Sony MDR-ZX600 ?

Philips Cityscape line are pretty good, if you like on ears of that sort of money.

Headset

Don't know if you got what you wanted yet or not so I shall post to be sure.

Audio Technica ATH-M 30's I own and love almost as good as M 50's but for far less.

Link to them: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30-Professional-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372564634&sr=1-1

Also these sony ones I also ahve and they are great not as good for gaming as the ATH-m 30's but good none the less.

Link to them. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_3?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372565272&sr=1-3

And the Sennheiser HD201, these I have not used but I hear they are very good for the price they are at.

Link to them. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_4?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372565272&sr=1-4

Don't know if you got what you wanted yet or not so I shall post to be sure.

Audio Technica ATH-M 30's I own and love almost as good as M 50's but for far less.

Link to them: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30-Professional-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372564634&sr=1-1

Also these sony ones I also ahve and they are great not as good for gaming as the ATH-m 30's but good none the less.

Link to them. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_3?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372565272&sr=1-3

And the Sennheiser HD201, these I have not used but I hear they are very good for the price they are at.

Link to them. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD201-Lightweight-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=sr_1_4?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1372565272&sr=1-4

Are they sony ones good for music just as good as the ATH-m30's ?