Microsoft and Unity tool up for Xbox One, Windows development

Free games on Xbox One. Woohoo!

xxboxoneunityseesaw.jpg.pagespeed.ic.H8S

Soon developers using Unity Pro 4 will be able to port their games to the Windows Store on PC, Windows Phone 8 and Xbox One, the Unity blog has announced.

This partnership will see Microsoft and Unity collaborating to add support for "enhanced Kinect gestures and recognition, multiplayer matchmaking, SmartGlass and cloud stuff" in Unity Pro 4 for Xbox One. If an outfit is using Unity to create a game for Microsoft Studios, then Unity tools for Xbox 360 and Xbox One will be offered gratis. Publishing games on the Windows Store will also be free.

Unity is one of the more popular multi-platform engines out there right now. In March, Unity announced it had entered a similar partnership with Sony to offer tools tailored to Sony platforms, including the PS4, and last month Unity made its mobile development toolsavailable free of charge to all indie developers.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

It should be a 3-way see-saw (they exist) with the PS4 on it too. 

Or a 4-way See-saw (they exist) with the PC on it too.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It should be a 3-way see-saw (they exist) with the PS4 on it too. 

Or a 4-way See-saw (they exist) with the PC on it too.

From what I've read Sony hasn't tried to get Unity.

Back from the dead....

From what I've read Sony hasn't tried to get Unity.

Did you bother reading the first post?

"Unity is one of the more popular multi-platform engines out there right now. In March, Unity announced it had entered a similar partnership with Sony to offer tools tailored to Sony platforms, including the PS4, and last month Unity made its mobile development toolsavailable free of charge to all indie developers."

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Unity is bad anyway, it's only single-threaded ._. that's gonna suck BADLY for Xbone and ps4 and pc (for amd fans)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Unity is bad anyway, it's only single-threaded ._. that's gonna suck BADLY for Xbone and ps4 and pc (for amd fans)

What would happen if the developer made the software optimized for multi-thread or Microsoft added a patch to Xbox one and Windows 8.1 to where not just single-threaded apps could be written but, multi-threaded apps can be written.

Back from the dead....

What would happen if the developer made the software optimized for multi-thread or Microsoft added a patch to Xbox one and Windows 8.1 to where not just single-threaded apps could be written but, multi-threaded apps can be written.

Unity 4.0 needs multi-threaded support or I will never use it

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

i did't known single threaded games existed still lol

Borderlands 2 is a single threaded game.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch