About 801.11ac, is it backward compatible?

Ismail Arif
Go to solution Solved by Ismail Arif,

should do, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thanks a lot mate !  :D  

So, i am new in this.

I'm currently setting up my home network and i just bought the Tenda D1201 dual band modem router. So it says that the default network mode for the 5 GHz band is 11a/n (mixed) and the other is the 11ac. The question; if i set the 5GHz network to 11ac, does it limit to 11ac only? Can a 11n device connect to the network?

ac should be able to do, for best performance with wireless, it always good to do a wireless survey so that you can choose a channel with the least inteference, if you have an android device, I suggest wifi analyzer

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

ac should be able to do, for best performance with wireless, it always good to do a wireless survey so that you can choose a channel with the least inteference, if you have an android device, I suggest wifi analyzer

yeah a friend suggested wifi analyzer too. so to be clear, a 11n device can connect to a 11ac network??

should do, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

So, i am new in this.

I'm currently setting up my home network and i just bought the Tenda D1201 dual band modem router. So it says that the default network mode for the 5 GHz band is 11a/n (mixed) and the other is the 11ac. The question; if i set the 5GHz network to 11ac, does it limit to 11ac only? Can a 11n device connect to the network?

both my phone and my laptop have wireless AC adapters, and they connect to various wireless N and G(eww) routers throughout the day, so I doubt you'd have any issue.