Is the OnePlus One a good idea?

JaackPricee
Go to solution Solved by Koffehh,

My current iPhone 4s contract is going to expire in August this year, and I am seriously thinking about buying the OnePlus One and renewing my contract to a Sim Only version. Is this a good idea, and what are your thought on the One?

Thank you

I did exactly this in November, best decision I made on getting a phone for years.

1. As the phone is powerful, has a great camera and browses the internet so fast, its made my tablet redundant.

2. The phone cost me £280 with delivery and sim only contract of £13 a month. Total cost works out over 2 years, £24.60 a month if the phone lasts that long. A phone with similar specs to the one plus one, on a decent tariff would have cost me minimum £40. Saving me £14 a month in 2 years I'll use that saving of £320 and grab me a new phone again that's not sim locked in with a provider.

My current iPhone 4s contract is going to expire in August this year, and I am seriously thinking about buying the OnePlus One and renewing my contract to a Sim Only version. Is this a good idea, and what are your thought on the One?

Thank you 

Thank you 

Please remember to follow your topics ;)

In my opinion you should wait until march and get an asus zenfone 2. It's superior to the OPO in many aspects and significantly cheaper.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you can get a invite why not. its definitely more powerful then the iphone 4s.

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

Amazing build quality gives it a premium feel.

Watch this: 

Yeah, I think it's a bit too late to jump in the 1+1 bandwagon now..

I would wait a small bit for the Asus Zenfone 2, as that would be a cheap and very good phone (probably)

Otherwise 1+ will probably bring out something else

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

OnePlus One is still a good idea.

But wait for some months like 2 or 3. There may be new releases on some other brands. As @Sauron told, Asus ZenFone 2 is an awesome spec phone with cheap price. So wait for that.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Thank you

I did exactly this in November, best decision I made on getting a phone for years.

1. As the phone is powerful, has a great camera and browses the internet so fast, its made my tablet redundant.

2. The phone cost me £280 with delivery and sim only contract of £13 a month. Total cost works out over 2 years, £24.60 a month if the phone lasts that long. A phone with similar specs to the one plus one, on a decent tariff would have cost me minimum £40. Saving me £14 a month in 2 years I'll use that saving of £320 and grab me a new phone again that's not sim locked in with a provider.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

Please remember to follow your topics wink.png

In my opinion you should wait until march and get an asus zenfone 2. It's superior to the OPO in many aspects and significantly cheaper.

this motherfucker

I don't get people saying wait for the zenfone. Doesn't really look any better to be honest. I'd stick with the One Plus. Zenfone acording to what I read has 2GB of ram. Ram is crazy killer on android. OnePlus One has 3GB. 

Although there are other options as well. Depends on your budget.

I have a one plus one, its amazing. Best phone i have had in years. Plus it feels better in your hands when you didnt pay for it ;) Would recommend. Handy tip: if you run on power save mode you can get 2 days out of it. Performance is still good on this setting.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I don't get people saying wait for the zenfone. Doesn't really look any better to be honest. I'd stick with the One Plus. Zenfone acording to what I read has 2GB of ram. Ram is crazy killer on android. OnePlus One has 3GB. 

Although there are other options as well. Depends on your budget.

well, it's cheaper and faster, and you don't need an invite to buy one ^^. If you need more than 2gb of ram you can get a 4gb version for (probably) 250 bucks instead of 200, still cheaper than an opo.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well, it's cheaper and faster, and you don't need an invite to buy one ^^. If you need more than 2gb of ram you can get a 4gb version for (probably) 250 bucks instead of 200, still cheaper than an opo.

I find that unlikely, and you can get a One Plus invite very easy or even without one sometimes.

And I know a place you can get a One Plus for $260

I find that unlikely, and you can get a One Plus invite very easy or even without one sometimes.

And I know a place you can get a One Plus for $260

Why don't you check on the specs instead of "doubting it"? And not everyone knows a place where you can get an OPO for 260$ (why don't you share it?).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you check on the specs instead of "doubting it"? And not everyone knows a place where you can get an OPO for 260$ (why don't you share it?).

"If you need more than 2gb of ram you can get a 4gb version for (probably) 250 bucks"

Because of the word Probably? Come on dude. And because that much of a ram upgrade doesn't come that cheap.

The One Plus One is very cheap. And I'm sorry I was unaware you all didn't know where to get it for that price.

Sadly it is no longer on sale for that price at the moment But I'm sure you can hunt around and find it on other places for that price as well.

Link to current price: http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_71791.html

Also One Plus announced they are droping the invite system kind of. Every sunday you can order on their site without an invite or something like that.

EDIT: "Each week, OnePlus holds an open sale when anyone can buy the One for 24 hours. These open sales start every Tuesday at 08:00 GMT, but keep in mind, Tuesday open sales may not last forever."

EDIT2: So every Tuesday One Plus One is $299. No Invite needed.

EDIT3: Apologizes for the massive thread bumb I didn't realize that it hadn't been posted in for weeks Sorry :(