Youtube video stutter since HTML5 !

Thony

So am I the only one who while loading the video and watching it (since u cant load videos in 1sec and be done) is getting video stutter ? (image going back and forth, very unwatchable if there are moving objects/people). This is happening occasionally in videos and lastst like 2 seconds couple of times.

Never ever happend on flashplayer. Started doing this crap since they swapped to HTML5... 

Im using chrome.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'm using chrome, but don't have this issue. 

-for input

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'm using IE and have had issues with the video loading halfway, then losing the buffer, pausing, and having to reload. Google chrome did not encounter this issue,but for those who like IE, are they going to fix it?

So am I the only one who while loading the video and watching it (since u cant load videos in 1sec and be done) is getting video stutter ? (image going back and forth, very unwatchable if there are moving objects/people). This is happening occasionally in videos and lastst like 2 seconds couple of times.

Never ever happend on flashplayer. Started doing this crap since they swapped to HTML5... 

Im using chrome.

Is this with any video or 60FPS videos?

Is this with any video or 60FPS videos?

FPS doesnt matter, doesnt happen in every video, strange.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Im using chrome.

Try using Maxthon, I get this weird motion stutter when I watch 4K on chrome that appears to be present on everything but Maxthon for me.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Could be your system and random gremlins doing naughty things...

Even if you drivers are up to date, they can bug out... Reinstalling GPU drivers can help in that regard... as it's the GPU assisted video decoding thats obviously having an issue...

On my 270x I have zero stutter whether using 1080p or 4K video's... yet on my 290 I had slight 4K stutter (for the first 2-4 seconds)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I had this issue with older versions of chrome. Is your chrome fully updated?

yeah, I'm having the same issue with one of my laptops. I don't why that is since the same video will play fine on a less powerful laptop. :/ 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Navigate to "about:flags" in your browser, and look for "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode." Enable that. It fixed the stuttering issues I was having during 1080p60 playback. Not sure if ti will help you with yours, but it's worth a shot.

Navigate to "about:flags" in your browser, and look for "Disable hardware-accelerated video decode." Enable that. It fixed the stuttering issues I was having during 1080p60 playback. Not sure if ti will help you with yours, but it's worth a shot.

Im trying this now. Will see if it happens in next few hours.

Then i might reinstall GPU drivers. @SkilledRebuilds

@mvitkun will try that last.

Thanks guys :)

Im trying this now. Will see if it happens in next few hours.

Then i might reinstall GPU drivers. @SkilledRebuilds

@mvitkun will try that last.

Thanks guys :)

Don't forget to mark the thread as answered if it does work! c:

Don't forget to mark the thread as answered if it does work! c:

What I hated about that.. (Dunno if it still happens)

I Disabled it - then 720p/1080p/1440p/4K all looked bloody horrible.

But I get (aliasing jaggies) on the video (like the bitrate is super low) , like its got zero pre-processing done.. looks so distracting!

Turning on GPU accel and it goes away as the GPU does pre-processing to remove those...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

What I hated about that.. (Dunno if it still happens)

I Disabled it - then 720p/1080p/1440p/4K all looked bloody horrible.

But I get (aliasing jaggies) on the video (like the bitrate is super low) , like its got zero pre-processing done.. looks so distracting!

Turning on GPU accel and it goes away as the GPU does pre-processing to remove those...

Don't have that issue myself. :P

I had tearing issues when i watch in 1080p fullscreen

Its all about those volumetric clouds

It may be an issue on your end, I'm using Chrome and HTML5 and have no problems.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Try using Maxthon, I get this weird motion stutter when I watch 4K on chrome that appears to be present on everything but Maxthon for me.

Same I'm not able to watch 4k on chrome for some reason

I often notice odd interpolation and stuttering in my videos even though they have buffered well in advanced.

Halfbreed

I use firefox, so HTML5 wasn't forced onto me just yet. Though even if it was, Youtube Center is set to force use Flash.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I've never had any problems with the HTML5 (beta) video player. I used it for quite a while and then when the full roll out of HTML5 came I had some wierd bugs where YouTube would load the video, and at random points in the Video would stop. I would have enough of a buffer for it to continue playing but it would just stop. It seems to be sorted now though but It was just really annoying, because I don't have the best of internet connections so it would take a while to reload and start playing again.