Fully Modular

Optimusgrime

hi there guys i only know of a few fully modular power supplies but i just wondered if anyone has had a fully modular power supply that they really like or if you have had experience with that is possitive or negative .

please leave a suggestion which one to buy and the colour way of my build is black and red (like that changes much)

thanks guys and speak soon :D

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

Corsair AXi series psu are awesome with the corsair individually sleeved cables 

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Get a Corsair AX 760i. It will go well with your color scheme, and it is a great power supply. 

Seasonic,antec,corsair,silverstone. all of them have a modular solution and you cant go wrong with them.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

First off the majority of power supplies you'll come across are OEM's.

Corsair use OEM Seasonic/Flextronics - so the quality is great.

Don't fall into the crows of just going for the big companies, even Corsair has power supplies with coil whine, i sadly own one :(

My recommendation is the Silverstone Strider series, usually priced cheaper than the other bigger competitors.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Corsair AXi series psu are awesome with the corsair individually sleeved cables 

It's not worth getting the i version. Just get the regular AX760/860/1200 none i version.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

thanks guys for the quick replies i had the idea of a corsair axi series seeming i already own a tx750m when i built the system beginning of the month i thought i had purchased a fully modular back then i just assumed that it would of been fully modular stupid me :( but thanks again guys :)

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

The Cooler Master V Series PSUs are also great choices.  They're also Seasonic designed.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

It's not worth getting the i version. Just get the regular AX760/860/1200 none i version.

If you have a few extra dollars get the i version if your on a tight budget you shouldn't be looking a fully modular power supplies anyways

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

If you have a few extra dollars get the i version if your on a tight budget you shouldn't be looking a fully modular power supplies anyways

This, and there are a lot of AX860s with coil whine out there.  The AX860i (by Flextronics as opposed to Seasonic) doesn't seem to have this issue.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

This, and there are a lot of AX860s with coil whine out there.  The AX860i (by Flextronics as opposed to Seasonic) doesn't seem to have this issue.

I've had good experiences with seasonic. So I'm willing to put my money on the non i version. 

I would hardly call £150 a tight budget for a power supply. The AX860 is much better value than the AX860i.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I've had good experiences with seasonic. So I'm willing to put my money on the non i version. 

I would hardly call £150 a tight budget for a power supply. The AX860 is much better value than the AX860i.

I mean if you had a tight budget on the build say you wouldn't want to spend that much on a power supply

Just clarifying why the 860i wouldn't have the same issues as the 860.

Seasonic certainly has a great track record, it's just the AX860 that has been having this issue frequently.

The "i" versions are usually platinum rated, there is bronze, gold, and platinum.  You always want platinum.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

The "i" versions are usually platinum rated, there is bronze, gold, and platinum.  You always want platinum.

Efficiency doesn't dictate better quality and the return investment between Platinum and Gold is quite negligible and would take years to break even, if at all. You shouldn't base your purchases on what's the efficiency rating of the power supply is, but rather the build quality, voltage regulation, response to transient loads, hold-up times, DC quality output, etc. There are bronze units that I much rather go with than some gold/platinum efficiency units.

Of course, the AXi isn't a bad power supply at all. Aside from the software, it's an excellent Flextronic build unit. Edit2: Both of the AX760/860 units are also platinum rated...

Edit: OP, what are you powering exactly, and what's your budget?

Personally I recommend a SilverStone Strider series. Great price and brilliant hardware. small too! 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I've been using a be quiet! dark power pro 10 and it's pricey, but so far I don't have a bad thing to say about it.

AX 760i  :D It's fully modular, and black and red.

Get a Corsair AX 760i. It will go well with your color scheme, and it is a great power supply. 

I agree :D. PS: Edward great pictures!!! :D