SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 120GB
GPU: XFX Radeon HD7990 6GB
PSU: Chieftec Nitro 88 1000 W
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB 2133MHz
CPU cooler: cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 120M
Case fan:  CoolerMaster Mega Flow red 200mm

around: 1734 euro

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Intel and Nvidia

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

Are you gonna be doing editing of any sort?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3930K will give you better CPU performance, but the 7990 will give you better graphics performance. The GTX 780 has CUDA and Nvidia Shield compatibility, though. If you are just going flat out gaming, the 7990 and 8350 will give you more FPS, but if you plan on using CUDA utilizing software and CPU intensive software, go with the first Intel build.

The Intel build is way overkill for just gaming. But if you're going to doing editing then its justifiable. The AMD build is more for gaming but the RAM is still overkill and the PSU can be lowered a bit because 1000W is not needed for a 7990.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

IMO the AMD build is much nicer. 

Are you an AMD fan boy?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd go for the Intel and Nvidia setup, but it is definitely overkill for purely gaming. You will just end up spending more money and won't get much extra performance out of it. I would suggest following this guide:

Are you sure about  CoolerMaster Seidon 120M ? Are you planning to overclock?

Are you an AMD fan boy?

It doesn't really mean he's a fanboy, I have Intel + Nvidia build, and I still think the AMD build is better.

[PC Specs]: XFX DD R7850 BE 2GB (Overclocked to 1350 MHz), i7 3770K @ 5.1 GHz, TX860i 80+ Platinum Certified, MSI MPower Z77, 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM, 4TB WD Black HDD, 128GB Intel 520 SSD.

[internet Connection]: 30Mbps down 5Mbps up

[speedTest] [Let's make a game!]

The Intel build is way overkill for just gaming. But if you're going to doing editing then its justifiable. The AMD build is more for gaming but the RAM is still overkill and the PSU can be lowered a bit because 1000W is not needed for a 7990.

Basically this.  Do the AMD build, take the PSU down to ~850W, take the RAM down to 1600MHz, then with that money you save upgrade to a dual-rad cooler (Swiftech H220, Tt Water 2.0 Extreme, NZXT Kraken X60, Corsair H110, etc.).

The Intel build doesn't make sense for gaming.  The 7990 has much more power than the 780, and comes with 8 free games.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Are you gonna be doing editing of any sort?

gaming

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Are you sure about  CoolerMaster Seidon 120M ? Are you planning to overclock?

no

Are you an AMD fan boy?

Not at all I have a 3820 and a 7950.  I dont like Nvidia personally but i do respect there products.  I think a 7990 is a beast and the 3820 is slightly better for gaming.

throwing a guess out there, you' scandinavian?

both of these builds are way overkill for gaming

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Is this for  personal gaming usage, or for going to a friends house or tournement

gaming

If you're just gaming, you won't need more than an i5. You also won't need more than 8gigs of ram. Also, any ram above 1600 won't make much of a difference. Save your money with cheaper ram.

no

Since you're not overclocking, you don't need to even get an aftermarket cooler.

What kind of games are you playing? Are you gaming across more than one display? If not, a single 770 will be plenty.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're just gaming, you won't need more than an i5. You also won't need more than 8gigs of ram. Also, any ram above 1600 won't make much of a difference. Save your money with cheaper ram.

Since you're not overclocking, you don't need to even get an aftermarket cooler.

What kind of games are you playing? Are you gaming across more than one display? If not, a single 770 will be plenty.

i will play bf4

i will play bf4

If you're gaming on only one 1080p monitor, this will be plenty:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bfEA

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're gaming on only one 1080p monitor, this will be plenty:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bfEA

well when i say that i build i new computer i build it for 4-5-6 years not like 2-3

well when i say that i build i new computer i build it for 4-5-6 years not like 2-3

You can always upgrade to a single more powerful graphics card in the future. Do so is less costly than getting 2 780's in sli (which is what you would want if you didn't want to upgrade a few years later. You still might have to.)

I would go with AMD build.. I think for gaming that will be a great rig..

• 1 month later...

well i will go with this rig:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X
motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
CPU: intel core i7 4770k
SSD : Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM
GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX1050 W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro red DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz
CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
case fan:coolerMaster Mega Flow red 200mm
fancontroller: Zalman MFC1 Plus 6 Channel Multi Fan