Thermaltake PSU warranty power surge?

HeyKitty
Go to solution Solved by GeneralBear,

I bought off Newegg so I guess I'd fall under the "request for component" which is I pay for shipping?

yep sadly

I have a thermaltake TR2 700w PSU  Link to exact product ordered: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153167

It says 5 year warranty. bought it 13 months ago.  It just failed. events that took place:

night before, light gaming.

early morning a transformer box popped and the power blinked.

this morning it started up (heard fans and disks moving) then shut down.  So I opened the case, jiggled the wires and tried again and it worked! all I used was social media/internet radio.

this afternoon, it was turned off, and then I got back to it 30 or so minutes later and it did the same rev up and shutdown, but this time it didnt start...

I tried the paperclip on the green 16 wire and black 17 wire to no luck.  So I believe the transformer fried it? I never overheated any part, never OC, room stayed cool well ventilated, low amount of dust.

Would it still be under warranty?

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

I dont think they can tell

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes it should be, go talk to them.

You didn't cause this on purpose.

EDIT: Holy balls, that was my first PSU i bought. Exact same one, it was dying when I ran SLI on it.

blackshades on

i tired retiruning my 600w tr2 for rma they wanted 30$ for shipping to rma it so i basicly tossed it was its a 40$ psu

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Customer Support / eRMA Service

Thermaltake strongly propose user review all the possible solutions in FAQ section before requesting a

g1.gifblank.gifg2.gifblank.gif

In Europe
For processing on RMA goods within warranty period efficiently, please follow below rules,

<Request for whole unit>
Please have your defective item with its purchase receipt return to your purchase place/store (dealer or reseller) for replacement locally.

<Request for component>
Please contact Thermaltake Customer Support Center (Europe) for further instruction and help. You are responsible for the component and shipping fee of claim out of warranty product.

Thermaltake reserves all rights for approval of your RMA case claim.
For more information regarding to Thermaltake product warranty, please visit the Warranty Policy site.

I bought off Newegg so I guess I'd fall under the "request for component" which is I pay for shipping?

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

yep sadly

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate