How I felt the first time I used a mechanical keyboard

MrPete1985

any true true keyboard enthusiast wouldn't take a second look at their keyboards...

because all they are to me is a case company, all their other shit can be beaten simple

Your eyes are blinded by hate and thats not why people come here to read about. Which makes your argument invaild to me, sorry.

I have a K95 and its awesome. Great quality and looks amazing. I like the independent media controls and the volume control is very nice. Much better than buttons like you said. 

The brushed aluminum plate is great. 

See this guy enjoys the same things i do, and corsair keyboards fits our needs.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I just went to http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english and tested if I improved my typing speed when I got my first mechanical keyboard.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The first one I got was a Steelseries 6G2V with Blacks. I was very happy with it, coming from a laptop keyboard.

Somewhen I got curious, and wanted to try blues, ordered a keyboard from WASD and felt like being in heaven. Then I got the Shine II with blues, and I now have found the keyboard that tingles my manbits in a creepy way everytime I touch it.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I'm still using the scissors on my lappy and i quite like them still. My man got a rosewill white-shell brown switch mech and though i like the feedback it gives, it's still a bit heavy to press. and still loud for the living room OMG.

Does anyone recommend a different switch for me thats just slightly easier on force and not any louder? I will probably miss out on the unique feedback of the browns otherwise, im sure.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Yap. I fell you bro  -_-

Same here, (16) but I know what I'm asking for Xmas

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I use the keyboard IBM made after the Model M. It is semi-membranical :P

Membrainical - I think you just made a new word. I like it.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS