let's have a peaceful discussion about this.

Jack.EXE

Aren't a lot of personal firearms in the US manufactured in the US, or are they outsourced as well?

FN - Belgium

Barretta - Italy

H&K - Germany

Steyr - Austria

Bofors - Sweden

A whole awful bunch - Russia, Czech republic, & China

And countless more.

I'm planning to buy a tokarev TT33 and a CZ-M70

You'll get hanged(death sentence) if you're caught carrying a firearm(parts of the firearm counts too) in the country i live in.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You'll get hanged(death sentence) if you're caught carrying a firearm(parts of the firearm counts too) in the country i live in.

Sounds like a country I don't want to live in

RIP in pepperonis m8s

A lot of everybody's logic is backwards.

Outlawing guns doesn't make them inaccessible, but making them more accessible doesn't exterminate gun violence.

System: Thinkpad T460

"Can't unwrite the bill of rights" 

It's sort of apparent that many people don't read it either. So here it is (I underlined the part people don't read):

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The most common musket would take 1 to 2 mins to reload for one shot and drop in accuracy at about 100 yards.

The main historical context for writing this into law (besides what idiotic Fox News viewers say about "overthrowing government") was to guarantee the ability of the people to safeguard their homes from the two main threats of the that time period: the native american tribes and any European invasion. It was about giving The People as a whole the ability to defend themselves without relying solely on an army, it was not however about provisioning the ability of single individuals to own their own private cache of weapons as this does not fall into any definition of a well regulated militia. Militias, being one of the main reasons the Revolutionary War was a success, were deemed necessary in a time period where the professional standing army would take days if not weeks to reach their destinations and because it may have not been foreseeable what funding structure would be given to them. Anyone who has taken a very basic (and competent) history class would know all of that.

The modern day well regulated militia of the United States is the national guard which can be deployed by both the state government or it can be federalized and deployed by the President of the United States.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

A Texan making a thread about his concerns for his guns being taken away...not surprised. :lol:

No one's taking your guns away. Just stop marching into restaurants with your AK47's. I enjoyed this segment: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/14muzr/2nd-amendment-manners-do-s-and-don-tswhich is pretty accurate to the silliness of the situation.

Now think of what would happen if: "A black guy and Muslim demonstrating their rights to bear arms walked into a bar." Sounds like a joke, but so much for the bill of rights then eh? Who really has the right to bear arms without getting killed by people 'fearful for their lives' who are really bigots fueled by sensationalist media stories? I think we have more serious issues than gun control that need to be resolved. Guns are the least of our concerns along with nunchakus and contacting aliens (both also illegal for some).