Good?

maxime_vhw

Is this a good high end build? or would you change anything?

Case: Cooler Master Haf X / Corsair 900D

Power supply: corsair AX1200i

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V formula

Cpu: I7-3770K

Cpu cooler: Swiftech H220 AIO

SSD: Samsung 840 pro

HDD(data): WD Caviar Green 3Tb

HDD(games): WD Caviar Black 2Tb

Gpu: ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5

Optical: blu-ray

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T

If you're not running into budget problems, then I would get a H100i for cooling.

Also, instead of the 2TB Caviar Black (for games), get a 120gb SSD, it will increase the load times significantly.

Other than that, you're golden.

Best wishes

- cheti

If you're not running into budget problems, then I would get a H100i for cooling.

Also, instead of the 2TB Caviar Black (for games), get a 120gb SSD, it will increase the load times significantly.

Other than that, you're golden.

Best wishes

- cheti

Why would you get a H100i?

I want to upgrade it later to cool the vrm, gpu with that cooler :)

There is a vid on linus his channel, its more silent+more cool

And ill change the tubing to clear tubing and fill it with red liquid ;p

Looks good to me, my steam library is more than 1TB so the black is a good idea if you have a lot of games. You could always get a 1TB Raptor is money is no object but i'd say the black is a much better idea. depending on how precious your data is, maybe consider another green to run in RAID 1. other than that, it looks insane!

cheers,

System : Intel Core i7 4770k | Gigabyte Z87x-ud3h | AMD Radeon HD 7970 | 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | Corsair H100i | Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP2 860W | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2 x WD 1TB greens | Fractal Define R4     ||     Laptop : 15 Inch Macbook Pro retina with dedicated graphics

Audio : Cambridge Azur 351a | Paradigm Monitor Atoms | Audio Technica ATH-M50s  ||  Camera : Sony NEX-7 | Sony Zeiss 16-70mm F4 | Minolta 70-210 F4

Your PSU is way overkill - you'll be fine with just the AX760i. In general it's a higher end gaming system but if you have the money and want to spend it then sure go for it.

What are you doing for RAM? I'd go with 8 or 16GB of Corsair Vengeance..

Hi maxime, me again:p

H220 is a very nice cooler from what i've read.

But looking at the products you picked i can see you have a nice budged, which make me wonder why you don't get 2 ssd?

I would get 1 for os 1 for games, i personally have 2 830's: a 120gb for os and a 250gb for games.

Do you really have 2TB worth of games? :p

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Your PSU is way overkill - you'll be fine with just the AX760i. In general it's a higher end gaming system but if you have the money and want to spend it then sure go for it.

Ill upgrade to a second 680.

Ram is for rendering videos :)

But looking at the products you picked i can see you have a nice budged, which make me wonder why you don't get 2 ssd?

I would get 1 for os 1 for games, i personally have 2 830's: a 120gb for os and a 250gb for games.

I dont have 2Tb of games, but 250Gb on the other side is not enough...

And my budget is not endless ;)

Even with a second 680, you only really need an 850w psu.

if that's the case then the black will be a nice game drive, and ssd's keep getting cheaper, so maybe when you get the second 680 you can also get a 500gb ssd or something. (or a raptor though i've never been a fan of them)

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

If this is strictly for gaming I'd get a 3570K and a 670 and use the saved money to get more SSDs for games, but that's just me.

you can always need some extra power :) lets say in 5years i buy a new motherboard and run 4way sli...

Power draw from components in general is dropping. If you want to go and speed a fortune on a PSU that you will most likely never fully make use of then that's your choice. Personally I'd lower it and spend the money somewhere else

If this is strictly for gaming I'd get a 3570K and a 670 and use the saved money to get more SSDs for games, but that's just me.
i need the hyperthreading to render.

And i need 680 because i want as much fps as possible.

I will buy a 120Hz monitor ;p so i need + 60Fps

I know ;p but i was more thinking on a AX850 to save some money :)

The difference between a 680 and a 670 isn't enough to make or break a 120hz monitor. You can get 2 670s on NCIX right now for under 600. Which wouldn't be much more than a single 680.

I was planing to get a blu-ray player in it because i love movies so i was wondering wath is the best blu-ray at the moment :)

Is the Pioneer BDR-S07XLT a good one?