Best Silent Airflow Case

Polarwindz

I am building another pc, I was wondering what case is the most quiet and has a high airflow output and input,

My budget is rougly 150$

I will replace the stock fans with Noctua fans :)

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

450D is pretty quiet

R5 is quiet but has mediocre airflow, same as H440

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

450D is pretty quiet

So the 450D is the best silent high air flow mid tower?

Are there any other ones I could consider?

What about full towers?

The Silent base 800 is good on silence right?

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

I am building another pc, I was wondering what case is the most quiet and has a high airflow output and input,

My budget is rougly 150$

I will replace the stock fans with Noctua fans :)

I have the Fractal Design mini ITX thing

I keep it in an enclosed wiring cupboard with no airconditioning or windows.

The fans are on the lowest speed and I have had no problems with noise or heat issues.

The computer itself has multiple TV tuners, a 3570k, 16GB of RAM and 4 mechanical drives.and 2 SSDs.

all cases are quiet its the fans that are the problem!.

you can always get some foam and sound proof your case

My current case Thermaltake s71 when the fans are on the case, It vibrates like crazy and gets annoying lol

I guess you are looking for something like the define R5. 

Meh, I kind of wanna go on the route of mid tower this time, my case now is huge D:

the best way to kill noise is to buy good pwm fans with rubber screws

450D is pretty quiet

R5 does not have mediocre airflow

all cases are quiet its the fans that are the problem!.

you can always get some foam and sound proof your case

True.

BeQuiet! Silent Base 800

Or

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Meh, I kind of wanna go on the route of mid tower this time, my case now is huge D:

Then wait for the review of the coolermaster Silencio 652S. Linus posted some pictures of it on instagram, so i guess we'll see a review soon. 

It's a good case, so i suggest to check it out. (it's mid tower, but a pretty big mid-tower)

the best way to kill noise is to buy good pwm fans with rubber screws

I have some  Cougar Vortex PWM 120 Cooling CF-V12HPB 5 of them, but I do not have rubber screws D:

I have 2 Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans for the evo 212 are those the best for radiator/heatsink fans?

Then the  Noctua NF-S12A PWM 120mm fan is the best for case fans?

Then wait for the review of the coolermaster Silencio 652S. Linus posted some pictures of it on instagram, so i guess we'll see a review soon. 

It's a good case, so i suggest to check it out. (it's mid tower, but a pretty big mid-tower)

I am just worried about the front intake, I like cases with front panels with open airflow instead of closed off

Noctua sells some industrial fans which go to like 3000 rpm. I have some and they're really good for heatsinks and case fans. And they're not really noisy

Noctua sells some industrial fans which go to like 3000 rpm. I have some and they're really good for heatsinks and case fans. And they're not really noisy

What would you recommend for a cpu air cooler ,The 2000rpm or 3000rpm fans?

And should I have them sucking air from the front of the case and blowing out into the rear exhaust fan?

What would you recommend for a cpu air cooler ,The 2000rpm or 3000rpm fans?

And should I have them sucking air from the front of the case and blowing out into the rear exhaust fan?

I'd get the 3000 since they're the same price.

and yea suck air from the front and blow to the back.

I'd get the 3000 since they're the same price.

and yea suck air from the front and blow to the back.

There goes 70$ ,I might get the PWM version :)

What would be a reasonable rpm level to put them at?

I don't like alot of noise :P

I am just worried about the front intake, I like cases with front panels with open airflow instead of closed off

Open front panel = lots of noise. It's not a coincidence that all silent cases have "blocked" front intake. 

If you want good air flow, you'll lose silence. If you want something balanced, then get a case with high air-flow and silent fans. In my case though, the most noise comes from the HDDs and the case is helping a TON. (i have the silencio 550)

The NZXT 440 is a good balance between air-flow and silence.

If you still don't like the front, take a look at the corsair air 540 and add some 600/900rpm fans. Noctua fans are great at those RPMs. 

Open front panel = lots of noise. It's not a coincidence that all silent cases have "blocked" front intake. 

If you want good air flow, you'll lose silence. If you want something balanced, then get a case with high air-flow and silent fans. In my case though, the most noise comes from the HDDs and the case is helping a TON. (i have the silencio 550)

The NZXT 440 is a good balance between air-flow and silence.

If you still don't like the front, take a look at the corsair air 540 and add some 600/900rpm fans. Noctua fans are great at those RPMs. 

Thank you !

I might look into the Air 540 , It is a smaller case, good air flow, so just put some Noctua fans and  I will be set?

And that silencio 550, how good is it really? Silence wise , and air flow?

I have a define R5, and it offers airflow that is on par with a fully open case, but still offers sound dampening for things like HDDs and the fans when they're spinning. The sides on the front are so open that it's not an issue from an airflow perspective, and because the face perpendicular to the fans has padding on it, the sound is deadened.

But your choice of fan is important. You'll want something that either has rubber mounts or padded corners. And you'll want to have some way of controlling the fans.  Simply buying PWM fans isn't the global answer, as you need a motherboard that is able to control the type and number of fans you wish to use.  The R5 also has 3 speed switch for controlling 3-pin fans, so you can use that to your advantage as well.

Having your HDDs turn off when idling helps A LOT, as does a PSU with a fanless mode. My PC is at ear level about 2 feet away, and I can't hear it when under light load.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I have a define R5, and it offers airflow that is on par with a fully open case, but still offers sound dampening for things like HDDs and the fans when they're spinning. The sides on the front are so open that it's not an issue from an airflow perspective, and because the face perpendicular to the fans has padding on it, the sound is deadened.

But your choice of fan is important. You'll want something that either has rubber mounts or padded corners. And you'll want to have some way of controlling the fans.  Simply buying PWM fans isn't the global answer, as you need a motherboard that is able to control the type and number of fans you wish to use.  The R5 also has 3 speed switch for controlling 3-pin fans, so you can use that to your advantage as well.

Having your HDDs turn off when idling helps A LOT, as does a PSU with a fanless mode. My PC is at ear level about 2 feet away, and I can't hear it when under light load.

I shall look into it, It does have modular hdd bays :D

Can I hook up 4pin fans to the fan controller using adapters?

Thank you !

I might look into the Air 540 , It is a smaller case, good air flow, so just put some Noctua fans and  I will be set?

And that silencio 550, how good is it really? Silence wise , and air flow?

The silencio 550 is pretty good - silent wise, but i the air flow sucks compairing to some new Silencio cases and the Define R4/R5.

Also the Air 540 has ridiculously good air flow, but it might get dusty and the noise levels aren't that great. If your HDD are silent and you have a silent GPU and CPU cooler, then it's a good option. 

I've a silverstone RV05, and its twin the FT05 is a silence optimised version but they both have the joint best airflow of a case currently on the market, thanks to the two AP181 fans in the basement. It uses a rotated motherboard design as well so it goes with convection currents, increasing efficiency in cooling. The two are well worth a look at, as the fans can be speed controlled or replaced for three 120mm fans or two 140mm fans, although that would completely negate the whole effect of the two massive 180mm fans in the bottom. Plus, they're small and have carrying handles, incase you need to take your rig somewhere.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim