One plus one worth it?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! So just wondering if I should really buy the one plus one. It's really cheap in here. The 64 gb version is really cheap over here. The only thing is, the invite. Plus some problem here as the indian version of the phone misses something.

Other than that, it's a beast!

Would like some suggestions!

Thanks!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Hey guys! So just wondering if I should really buy the one plus one. It's really cheap in here. The 64 gb version is really cheap over here. The only thing is, the invite. Plus some problem here as the indian version of the phone misses something.

Other than that, it's a beast!

Would like some suggestions!

Thanks!

How cheap are we talking?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I wouldn't get it. The phone on it's own has a few problems (i.e. the yellowish tint many OPO's had because they were rushed off the assembly line to keep up with demand and the glue holding the screen wasnt able to cure enough), but the company.. That's even worse. Their morals aren't right. I can't support them with what they do. 

Here is ONE of the many things that OPO has done that makes me dislike them. 

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/12/5994877/oneplus-holding-sexist-ladies-first-contest-for-smartphone-invites

I don't even want to speak about that. ^ Literally the most stupid thing I have seen any company do. Objectifying women.. yeah, that'll get your company somewhere. 

Another would be the fact that they had people ruin perfectly good, working flagship devices in order to get a OPO. Linus talked about this on the WAN show, and he was with me. That was utterly stupid. Some people didnt even know what they were doing, and destroyed their phones without even knowing they had to be picked to destroy their phones and get a OnePlus..

Disrespectful company with questionable/controversial tactics in order to try to get publicity and sell units, even though they don't have enough phones to cover current demand... that's what OnePlus is. Don't do it man. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Every mobile has its own disadvantages.

OnePlus One is a great mobile.

Great for Casual use. Good battery life. Decent performance.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

The phone itself isn't that bad, but the software can be buggy at times(more than other flagship Android phones). OnePlus as a company is very sketchy, leaving out important details about their products and is known for not handling warranties. If it was me, I would avoid them like the plague, but many people enjoy their One's so it can't be too bad I guess.

How cheap are we talking?

I can get it at around 19000 INR. Just convert it into your currency :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I can get it at around 19000 INR. Just convert it into your currency :)

Hmm...from what my good friend @AlexStriz and others are saying, it sounds like you should look at some other phone. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The phone itself isn't that bad, but the software can be buggy at times(more than other flagship Android phones). OnePlus as a company is very sketchy, leaving out important details about their products and is known for not handling warranties. If it was me, I would avoid them like the plague, but many people enjoy their One's so it can't be too bad I guess.

What about the software is buggy, from first hand experience I presume? My first hand experience has been in fact rock solid stability, I've had an app crash maybe once or twice in the months of owning it. On par definitely with stock Nexus experience. If you like the phone and it's features, go for it. Had absolutely no issues with mine whatsoever, apart from a charger which I received a new one around 3 days after putting in a warranty claim for it. They were very swift and very good. 

That's just my own experience with the phone/company.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

What about the software is buggy, from first hand experience I presume?

My experience with the OPO is pretty limited since I played with a release model and said "NOPE". The first release software was extremely glitchy which makes me question their ability to make software. Luckily they did fix most of it over time, but it worries me with future software updates.(Now that I think about it, there was a few threads on LTT a couple months ago where people enabled the 3rd party lockscreen and got permanently locked out of their phone or something.). I have seen many legitimate cases where somebody needed to RMA something(device, charger, etc.) and they got no reply from One Plus. I can slightly confirm this, since I have sent them a few emails asking simple questions about their devices and have yet to get a reply(within 6 months of typing this).

Of course experiences vary from person to person, but my experience with OnePlus and the One has been pretty negative.

My experience with the OPO is pretty limited since I played with a release model and said "NOPE". The first release software was extremely glitchy which makes me question their ability to make software. Luckily they did fix most of it over time, but it worries me with future software updates.(Now that I think about it, there was a few threads on LTT a couple months ago where people enabled the 3rd party lockscreen and got permanently locked out of their phone or something.). I have seen many legitimate cases where somebody needed to RMA something(device, charger, etc.) and they got no reply from One Plus. I can slightly confirm this, since I have sent them a few emails asking simple questions about their devices and have yet to get a reply(within 6 months of typing this).

Of course experiences vary from person to person, but my experience with OnePlus and the One has been pretty negative.

They don't make the software though (at the moment), the current release is made by Cyanogen? I RMA'd my charger, put in a request and got a response same day. They requested some photos which I sen them then next day my new charger was sent out.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

They don't make the software though (at the moment), the current release is made by Cyanogen? I RMA'd my charger, put in a request and got a response same day. They requested some photos which I sen them then next day my new charger was sent out.

Well, there is a generic Cyanogen ROM(just like there is a generic Android ROM), but custom drivers have to be made for each set of hardware(Which is why you cant flash a Galaxy ROM on a Xperia, etc.). If the drivers aren't made properly, things like the camera and touchscreen can malfunction(or even worse, but luckily the One wasn't that bad). OnePlus prematurely released the One in my opinion.

I'd wait for the Asus ZenPhone 2. It has virtually the same if not better spec, for considerably less.

It beats the OnePlus at it's own game pretty decently.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hmm...from what my good friend @AlexStriz and others are saying, it sounds like you should look at some other phone. :)

The phone itself is alright, it's just the company that I can't stand. I edited my original post - I went more into depth on why I disliked them. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yes I love mine.

Invites actually aren't that hard to come by if you're active on various forums.

Wait a month for the asus zenfone 2, it's worth it

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What about the software is buggy, from first hand experience I presume? My first hand experience has been in fact rock solid stability, I've had an app crash maybe once or twice in the months of owning it. On par definitely with stock Nexus experience. If you like the phone and it's features, go for it.

I agree. The earlier build of CM11S that came with my OPO I do admit was very stuttery and awful. However once I updated it, it was butter smooth and very stable.

"Rawr XD"