Big Loop how much Coolant?

Go to solution Solved by Skander1345,

You can do the leak test using distilled water (cheap and easy to get). Once you figure out the correct amount of liquid needed that way, drain the loop (this will serve as a first time cleaning too :) ) and order the coolant you want with the right quantity plus a little for maintenance.

Done!

Hey, I want to biuld a big loop and I am not sure about the amount of liquid i need to order?

My Setup in a Corsair 900D:

2x 480mm

1x 240mm

1x CPU

2x GPU

1x D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo

I want to buy the EC6 Coolant Clear is it good?

I would buy 6 Litres just to make sure I always have some at home in case of I don't know yet

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

distilled water and nothing else? I read that a loop with just distilled water have to be cleaned every 6 months? and some coolant can stay till 2 years in the loop without any issue.

without knowing the thickness of the rads and assuming the the 270 is the ml size of the res i would estimate a 2L minimum

distilled water and nothing else? I read that a loop with just distilled water have to be cleaned every 6 months? and some coolant can stay till 2 years in the loop without any issue.

you dont go for water cooling if you plan to be Lazy FYI you can extend distilled to a year+ with additiives i personally use a copper sulfate

Just get whatever you want, don't listen to people that tell you to only use distilled & some additives.

If you want coolant, get coolant.  I recommend buying 2-3 bottles of 1 liter.   In my 900D with a 250ml reservoir, 2 gpu's, 1 cpu, 2 480mm 60mm thick radiators, it used about 1.7 litre give or take.

Coolants from Mayhem's are very good, they tend to last 6-12 months, sometimes longer.   If you install a drain in the loop, draining & doing maintenance is SUPER easy.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The parts are all from xspc. The rad is 46mm and the res has a Capacity of 690ml.

So 3 litre would be fine?

And a quick question for the drying. Can i put a T at the lowest part of my loop for drying? will it effect my loop? or what is the best way?

You can do the leak test using distilled water (cheap and easy to get). Once you figure out the correct amount of liquid needed that way, drain the loop (this will serve as a first time cleaning too :) ) and order the coolant you want with the right quantity plus a little for maintenance.

Done!

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue