Does reading from a SSD take away from its indurance?

Meawa

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Technically, every time you read or write to it, it degrades a little. Dont worry, though, as this degrade is negligeable.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

it took 3 years of daily use of around 4-5 hours to kill the first SSD i owned!!

Seriously treat an SSD in exactly the same way as you would a mech drive, they have just the same ability to live and or die suddenly. Just don't defrag it!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Read has very little or no impact on SSD endurance and longevity, writing to is what SSD's hate

it took 3 years of daily use of around 4-5 hours to kill the first SSD i owned!!

Seriously treat an SSD in exactly the same way as you would a mech drive, they have just the same ability to live and or die suddenly. Just don't defrag it!

In my desktop the ssd recently just ticked over 40k operating hours, a hard drive in the system died at 36k hours. My laptops ssd is quiet abit newer with only just over 10k operating hours.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Given that Techreport took a handful of of-the-shelf consumer grade SSDs past 1 PB(yes, one petabyte) of writes, you should be perfectly fine using exactly the same as any other drive.. Even if you abused it with writes, it would probably still last much longer than any mechanical drive you own..

Just don't defrag an SSD.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I don't even know when did i buy this SSD, but it definitely wasn't yesterday, and it's still kicking without any problems. No special treatment needed for them, just make sure trim works, don't defrag, and you are fine, you'll probably buy a better one before it dies.

qY5l8Sv.jpg