Is H1Z1 worth it?

Collin

Can you post something helpful with reasons?

It's pay to win, there's not much to do, the graphics are terrible, and it's going to be free in a while anyway.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

it's going to be free in a while anyway.

If this last part is true, then who can honestly recommend the game? 

IMHO, the game looks like crap. 

Do you like brain dead AI for the zombies?  If so then this is the game for you.  If not I recommend you play State of Decay.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It looks fairly fun to me, but I think I'll wait till it's more polished and F2P.

As for pay to win, I watched a fella earlier call in 3 airdrops over the course of his play. Each time the drop took so long to fall, that it was contested by other players. The first he couldn't even get to (zombies and other players), the second he got to but died to a mix of zombies and other players, and the third he was able to access (with the help of others) but was only able to grab a bit before having to make a run for it.

I personally can't see paying $5 for a airdrop that you'll most likely have to fight for and probably lose.

Just another cop out Zombie game LOL. As if we don't have enuff LOL.

It's pay to win, there's not much to do, the graphics are terrible, and it's going to be free in a while anyway.

For god sake man do you not read comments and listen to what devs say? It's actually quite far from pay to win. You can pay for an airdrop which takes about 3 minutes to land in the 300m radius. About 10-15 zombies come with the crate, it take 10-15 seconds to open it. And there is only a certain % chance you will get a gun. If you die you will loose those items that you obtained.

It's not exactly pay to win.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Here for what it's worth, this is a couple of days after release. Since this also there have been changes to loot spawn in game. I have found pleanty of weapons. (you don't just find weapons in crates and only in creates)

Hey guys, first I want to say thank you to all of you, even the ones that are very upset with us. We have received an overwhelming amount of support and feedback from everyone and the dev team is all working hard on all of the current issues and I appreciate your patience as we try to get H1Z1 up and running smoothly. We are a little over 24 hours in and it has been and absolute roller coaster.

2nd I wanted to address what I said in an earlier stream with NGTZombies prior to our release. I said you cannot buy a gun or ammo and it had to be found in the world. When you are on a stream, and you are talking about your game, you tend to talk a million miles an hour both to keep the information flowing and to keep it entertaining. But sometimes things get said without completely thinking about what you are saying 100% through. H1Z1 is a massive game with a lot of systems, some of which we were tuning every day and finishing last minute. When I said you can't buy any guns or ammo, I completely disregarded the possibility of airdrops and meant that you can't buy a gun or ammo and have it go into your starting loadout, or your loadout immediately like you were buying a gun from the gun store.
All that being said, I totally understand how what I said was at the time lying to you guys and I apologize. But please understand that's not what I was trying to do. For those of you that don't know me or understand me, know that I'm not trying to be this monster that is conniving and lying in hopes that you get tricked into buying the game. I am very passionate about making video games and I want more than anything in the world for people to love the games that I am a part of making.
The dev team loves airdrops, and in testing, every time we used one, they were highly contested where the person who actually called in the airdrop had to earn it through a gladiator style brawl. They usually weren't the one that ended up with the airdrop but no matter what, the person who called it in was satisfied with the event that they got to make happen. That event is the magic we are trying to capture with everyone. The last thing we want is it to be a boring item that someone can sneak around and quietly get to find gear without it being contested. In our opinion that is basically cheating and nobody should be able to do that.
Whether you agree with us or not, that is how we want airdrops to work. We are going to be tuning them throughout early access until we can get them to work that way, here are the first pass initial changes.
1) Make the plane move slowly (53% of current) This increases the ability for other players to react to the plane coming in.
2) Make the drop fall more slowly (80% of current) This increases the ability for other players to react to the plane coming in.
3) Less accurate maximum drop radius (was 250m now 700m, so with these settings it would drop up to 700m from the calling player)
4) New minimum distance of 250m for airdrops to appear from a player. This is a little less than ½ the player density of 700m distance with 120 players on a server. Therefore more players are likely to be near the airdrop when deployed.
5) Increase the minimum number of required players to 120 (a little higher after more discussion about player density being important to keeping airdrops contested)
H1Z1 Airdrop Events and drop percentages
65% chance to call in one of these airdrops
The Caveman
Bow 1x
Bundle of Arrows 2x
Torch 1x
Waist pack 1x
7 Zombies
The Welder
Wrench 1x
Hammer 1x
Metal Sheets 4x
Metal Pipes 2x
Weapon Repair Kit 1x
7 Zombies
The Medic
First Aid Kits 2x
Bandages 5x
Cloth 6x
Purified Water 2x
Saline 2x
7 Zombies
The Demolition Man
IED 2x
Lighter 1x
Landmine 1x
Flares 2x
Smoke Flare 2x
Ethonol 1x
7 Zombies
The Builder
Nails 20x
Furnace 1x
Logs 4x
Metal Bits 10x
Scrap Metal 10x
Wood Axe 1x
7 Zombies
The Farmer
Tamper 10x
Corn Seeds 10x
Wheat Seeds 10x
Fertilizer 10x
Purified Water 5x
7 Zombies
The Hiker
Motorcycle Helmet 1x
Military Backpack 1x
Goggles 1x
Binoculars 1x
Compass 1x
7 Zombies
12.5 % chance to call in one of these airdrops
Life of the Party
IED 5x
Swizzle 20x
Moonshine 15x
Flare 30x
7 Zombies
10.0% Chance to call in this airdrop
The Hobo
Shotgun 1x
Shells 12x
Moonshine 2x
Torch 1x
Twine 1x
Bear Sandwich 1x
7 Zombies
The Lone Wolf
Pistol 1x
Ammo.45 14x
Logs 2x
Wolf Sandwich 1x
Animal Trap 1x
Deer Bladder 2x
7 Zombies
Thank you guys for being patient with us!
-Arclegger

I have money if i wanted to spend it on crates in this game..but the chances of me getting to that crate/ killing the zombies/killing the players are slim. I think many other people who play the game feel the same.

If you don't want to get the game fair enough. But don't let anyone put it in your head that players are running round with all god like weapons because they paid for them...it's really far from that.

Also stupid zombie ai? how dare them have not up to scratch ai in early access...those bastards.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Not worth it. Get Dayz Mod (not the standalone) and install Epoch if you want that type of game. Especially considering that its gonna be free when its finished.

Just wait, it is going to be free when its done anyway.

This^ I will defend the game regarding a lot of people saying pay to win as it it's just not that black and white.

But as it's well known the game will be free to play at the end.

I enjoy it. I have bought it twice. got a refund because of the airdrops but then used the money refunded to get it again as they made drastic changes.

I also own dayz which i refuse to play as i have a gtx 980 and a i54690k and only get 30fps in towns which is just awful. Plus i can fairly say this game is in a better state than dayz (i own standalone so can only speak for that)

But yeah, just remember it will be a f2p game at the end so it may be worth the wait.

This^ I will defend the game regarding a lot of people saying pay to win as it it's just not that black and white.

But as it's well known the game will be free to play at the end.

I enjoy it. I have bought it twice. got a refund because of the airdrops but then used the money refunded to get it again as they made drastic changes.

I also own dayz which i refuse to play as i have a gtx 980 and a i54690k and only get 30fps in towns which is just awful. Plus i can fairly say this game is in a better state than dayz (i own standalone so can only speak for that)

But yeah, just remember it will be a f2p game at the end so it may be worth the wait.

i 100% agree ive played both h1z1 and dayz and i can say coming from dayz h1z1 is so smooth

I am playing the game and I am enjoying it.  Two important things to think about 1) it is early alpha testing atm:  This means it is not a complete product and there are bugs and a lot of things to figure out for the developers and 2) the game will be free 2 play:  when the game is done, it will be free.

It is a very personal decision you have to make.   If you don't mind that the game is unfinished and all the things that come with that wont frustrate you I would say buy it if $20 is not something you are worried about.  There are plenty of other survival/sandboxy games out there also, so it is your choice.   I think the biggest problem right now is the dupe issue, there seems to be a group of people finding this bugs, not reporting them and dupeing weapons, ammo, etc.  I don't think i have experienced this in the server I am on specially now that the loot  respawns have been addressed and I've been ammo and weapons a lot more often than before and being able to defend myself in the game.  That all comes in a game like this and there is more things like this that you should think about. This is as honest as I can be about this game for you.

And then.. there is this...

I think what a lot of people are getting out of context is the P2W thing, sadly some youtubers are spreading ridiculous wrong info and people trust them to give out correct info.  For example the group from TekSyndicate, the WASD show they clearly said H1Z1 was selling weapons and they said flat out 'Pay to win, buy weapons', a lot of people like these guys/gal and look up to them for info and they don't have accurate information or are the Fox News of youtube.  They never mentioned that what they were talking about were air drops that 'might' come with a weapon(s) and other things and that even if a player buys the air drop, it wont go on his inventory, it will go into the open world dropped in a big radius, a lot of people will see it coming down and it falls very slow right now.  Anyone that gets there can contest it an open it not just the person that payed for it.  There are also things that need to be satisfied to be able to even buy an air drop, for one, you can't be alone in a server and request and air drop so there are even more limitations to this service.  It is totally not pay to win, there needs to be another name for this type/kind of payed service.

I saw their video and I went wow.  This can't be right, so I researched around before believing them because the Tek has said/done things in the past that are not... true and/or accurate, and I came across the airdrop info, when it was mentioned and what it was really about and not from the devs mouths but also from other players trying to clear out this issue.  The real info and the facts make it really clear.  I looked at the video again to hear what it was said and it is something I would see in FoxNews man, i was very disappointed in the way they developed the story and flat out lied to the viewers.  It was that or they just didn't know what they were talking about, heard it somewhere and went with that info without researching.  Either way, both scenarios go from bad to worst.  I don't know them personally to talk about them.

I was watching some streams and it actually looks pretty fun. Can anyone who has played it tell me if it is worth it or not?

When its free to play, currently i reccomend DayZ(itll get more and more expensive), you can download H1Z1 later anyway

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Really turned off by the whole "Its going to be free to play but you can pay for early access right now". And then on top of that, hearing from people that its pay to win. Pretty rough. I was kind of looking forward to it/excited.

My Rig- CPU: Phenom II X4 955 3.2@3.6ghz (OC) Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 Ram: 2x4GB Patriot Viper 1333@1666Mhz (OC) Cooling: Corsair H55 liquid cooler (CPU), 3x120mm 3 speedTricool blue LED case fans (2 front 1 rear), 1x200mm 3 speed Tricool turbine (top)  PSU: Corsair CX600  GPU: XFX R9 270X 1050@1150 (OC) Storage: 1x60gb OCZ Vertex III (Boot) 1x500GB Western Digital Black (Storage) Keyboard: Roccat ISKU Alien FX Multicolor  Mouse: Roccat Cone Pure Multicolor  Headset: Logitech G430 Display: LG Flatron W2353V

No thanks, I watched like 30 minutes of it and it just looked like dead island, plus apparently it is a bad port with terrible textures.

I freaking hated Dead Island, and I love the snot out of Dying Light.

Dead Island was god awful in every possible way. Ragequit within 30 minutes on account of the slippery floor sliding feeling of the movement and the floaty view.

Dying Light however, is tight. And I say that as someone who was about to get really tired of zombie games in general. And unlike 99% of zombie games, the environment is actually reactive and scary, and you can't bulldoze through everything. Hell, you can't bulldoze anything.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I watched some videos of it on youtube and it seemed pretty much rust

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Havent played it, but it just looks like a pay to play day z with microtransactions

Pay to play Dayz? ... dayZ is like 3x as expensive? :P

I was watching some streams and it actually looks pretty fun. Can anyone who has played it tell me if it is worth it or not?

Just wait for it to be free

if you have 20 € to spare buy dayz instead

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just wait for it to be free

if you have 20 € to spare buy dayz instead

Why buy dayz? it's completely unoptimized. I get 30fps in towns on low setting with my 980. The development is pretty much non existent. Absolute waste of my money that game, if you have money spare get this game or something else but please don't buy dayz.

Why buy dayz? it's completely unoptimized. I get 30fps in towns on low setting with my 980. The development is pretty much non existent. Absolute waste of my money that game, if you have money spare get this game or something else but please don't buy dayz.

Well the game isn't really graphically intensive, putting the settings on low makes it run worse. As on low things get rendered on the CPU. 

Well the game isn't really graphically intensive, putting the settings on low make it run worse. AS on low things get rendered on the CPU. 

Well i have a 980 so the first thing i did was put all settings max and then work my way down..and no matter what it ran like shit.

30 fps in towns is actually really good :P

new renderer is coming btw sometime in 2015 which will improve performance significantly.

and its in alpha soo... yeah

ant ill get more and more expensive so buy it now if you have 20€ to spare

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)