Is H1Z1 worth it?

Collin

30FPS in town is nowhere near good lmao.
I will believe it when i see it regarding the new engine etc.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

30FPS in town is nowhere near good lmao.

I will believe it when i see it regarding the new engine etc.

The optimization is really bad. I got a 4690k+970 and in cities I get maybe 30-40? Changing settings also doesn't change the FPS at all.

Well i have a 980 so the first thing i did was put all settings max and then work my way down..and no matter what it ran like shit.

I think your lying 

The optimization is really bad. I got a 4690k+970 and in cities I get maybe 30-40? Changing settings also doesn't change the FPS at all.

Get over it, it's early access features first then polish. 

I think your lying 

Get over it, it's early access features first then polish. 

Lol you're hilarious. Have you even played the early access? It's a known fact that its terribly optimized since it's based off the Arma II engine.

Lol you're hilarious. Have you even played the early access? It's a known fact that its terribly optimized since it's based off the Arma II engine.

It's based on the "Take on Helicopters" engine and I have 480 hours in game. 

It's based on the "Take on Helicopters" engine and I have 480 hours in game. 

It's almost as if it uses the same engine as well. Who would've thought that a developer would use the same engine for more than one game. I hope you realize though, that both Take on Helicopters and Arma II run on the Real Virtuality Engine.

Getting slightly back to the point, if you've played the DayZ SA or mod, you know that the FPS will drop when you get in cities. It's part of the experience. 

It's almost as if it uses the same engine as well. Who would've thought that a developer would use the same engine for more than one game. I hope you realize though, that both Take on Helicopters and Arma II run on the Real Virtuality Engine.

Getting slightly back to the point, if you've played the DayZ SA or mod, you know that the FPS will drop when you get in cities. It's part of the experience. 

Though being the same engine, it is heavily modified. The movement, lighting and server system is different. That like saying Counter Strike Go and COD AW are the same game cuz quake. 

I think your lying

here you go you cheeky little cunt. I have a 980 and i have dayz in my library...not installed...why is it not installed? because it runs like shit, like i said 30fps in towns

6yt1xHo.jpg

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

here you go you cheeky little cunt. I have a 980 and i have dayz in my library...not installed...why is it not installed? because it runs like shit, like i said 30fps in towns

At least everyone has the same experience, so no one can have an advantage. Pretty smart move on the balancing department. 

At least everyone has the same experience, so no one can have an advantage. Pretty smart move on the balancing department. 

That is true...but I don't like being made out as a liar.

That is true...but I don't like being made out as a liar.

It's fine, I just don't think he quite knows what he's talking about.

I was well aware you owned the game, I check your steam profile. :) So you are doing something wrong. If you are so butt hurt about the 30fps in towns then edit the cfg. You should been able to tell the game is CPU bound and isn't graphically intensive. So you should of realized lowering the texture rez and such wouldn't yield much results. You should of realized that lowering things like scene complexity and object view would increase your fps in towns.

It's fine, I just don't think he quite knows what he's talking about.

I uhave a basic understanding of how Bohemia's engine handles physics and object calculations. He did no research to fix his performance. So he is a "liar" saying it is impossible to fix his performance. If I can get 40fps with a FX 6300 in Elektro and he can't then I call BS. Maybe he would prefer ignorant. But please if you wanna claim I do not know what I'm talking about.. give a reason. :)

I uhave a basic understanding of how Bohemia's engine handles physics and object calculations. He did no research to fix his performance. So he is a "liar" saying it is impossible to fix his performance. If I can get 40fps with a FX 6300 in Elektro and he can't then I call BS. Maybe he would prefer ignorant. But please if you wanna claim I do not know what I'm talking about.. give a reason. :)

Please can you quote me on where i said it's impossible to fix performance?

Also regarding me doing no research, like i said. I started off on max settings then lowered them all one by one.

After that failed i did a google search of

gtx 980 dayz low fps in towns.

Do you know what i found? near enough every answer on various sites saying that's about right.

But please old wise one who knows everything about a broken engine forgive me that i did not come to you first.

You're a right arrogant bastard aren't yeah

Please can you quote me on where i said it's impossible to fix performance?

Also regarding me doing no research, like i said. I started off on max settings then lowered them all one by one.

After that failed i did a google search of

gtx 980 dayz low fps in towns.

Do you know what i found? near enough every answer on various sites saying that's about right.

But please old wise one who knows everything about a broken engine forgive me that i did not come to you first.

You're a right arrogant bastard aren't yeah

You realize the 980 isn't the issue right? The Game is heavily CPU bound, if you spend 17 seconds on Google to learn how to edit the .cfg you would have a answer. So who is the arrogant one here, and yes my dad left before I was born nice low blow. You are forgiven too my ignorant friend. 

You realize the 980 isn't the issue right? The Game is heavily CPU bound, if you spend 17 seconds on Google to learn how to edit the .cfg you would have a answer. So who is the arrogant one here, and yes my dad left before I was born nice low blow. You are forgiven too my ignorant friend. 

I seriously give in with you. You're just one of those dicks in life who thinks he knows everything there is to be known.

If it was just as easy as editing a cfg file then why have the devs not put this "simple" fix into the game itself....(don't answer it)

The game does not solely rely on a cpu otherwise you would be able to run this game on a hd4600 igpu and get the same performance as my 980 correct? (i highly doubt it)

The game simply is badly optimized and is in a bad state.

This thread is about h1z1 and someone recommended dayz instead. I go against that recommendation as h1z1 runs much better and is simply in a better state.

Your opinion is different to mine, but the game being badly optimized is a fact and not an opinion.

Is dayz in early access and these things should be expected?.....yes

Is h1z1 in early access and the same things should be expected?...yes

Does h1z1 run better than dayz?....yes

Are h1z1 and dayz similar games and would they be something you would have to chose between if you wanted a game in that genre......yes

so what would be the deciding factor for most people...

Features, development speed and performance

H1Z1 will have more features than dayz before the two are out of early acces

h1z1 has already had numerous patches so far and shows a much faster development speed than dayz.

h1z1 runs much better than dayz without having to mess with any "cfg file" and the only settings you will need to change to get a performance difference are already in the game.

H1z1 will be free though once it's finished right? yeah it sure will.

So buy dayz then since i have spare money?

well h1z1 will most probably be finished before dayz and going off the development speed dayz won't be much different now when h1z1 is finished and ready for prime time.

So why would you buy again for $20 just to play while you wait for another game to become free and then stop playing the game you paid for?

Either buy h1z1 or just buy a completely different game, fair enough if the money is "spare" but don't just be stupid and waste it.

+

Not at one point did I say DayZ would run on a iGPU well. :) thought so :D The game is just CPU heavy. AT so point did I say it would run on anything graphically, it's just not graphically demanding. 

Not at one point did I say DayZ would run on a iGPU well. :) thought so :D The game is just CPU heavy. AT so point did I say it would run on anything graphically, it's just not graphically demanding. 

Sir......I give in with you

Sir......I give in with you

Success-anime-gif.gif