Don't give into the "gaming" branded things.

legend8887

Logitech gaming products don't even cost that much.

I bought the G710+ with MX Browns and the G502 and I love both of them. 

I bought the Maximus VII Hero. I hope I don't regret it.

If you think it looks sexy, then you won't regret it. 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Logitech gaming products don't even cost that much.

I'm mainly talking about Razer. I like the Logitech G502.

I'm mainly talking about Razer. I like the Logitech G502.

Oh I've heard that Razer doesn't have great build quality.

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Supposedly had the GPU go through their 'Gauntlet' selection process to allow the highest chance of good overclocks. Of course that is an utter crock of shit as I originally hit 150MHz stable, then over a month it dropped to 100MHz stable. Now I can't overclock at all, and its developed coil whine at even idle. A total waste of $565 on a POS that comes no where meeting what is said by Gigabyte, and my expectations. (I got it literally a week after it came out).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yep. Call me a sucker but I love the "professional" stuff. It looks nice and is super-reliable. It is kind of expensive but if you keep an eye out you can find some good deals.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

I must admit, my 'Gaming' Air Guitar for GT:Hero was quite expensive...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My exception to that is the RGB Corsair Keyboard. I want that. 

I love my k70, its like a tank and looks sweet.  I only wish it was RGB tho...

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Supposedly had the GPU go through their 'Gauntlet' selection process to allow the highest chance of good overclocks. Of course that is an utter crock of shit as I originally hit 150MHz stable, then over a month it dropped to 100MHz stable. Now I can't overclock at all, and its developed coil whine at even idle. A total waste of $565 on a POS that comes no where meeting what is said by Gigabyte, and my expectations. (I got it literally a week after it came out).

Weird...IMO,..a hardware issue that it's failing like that over time?... maybe it is damaged (but not enough of course to throw you errors in normal use)

I'd be of mind to RMA it in due time of ANY small issues that pop up. Don't live with them...

/Oh yes, the K50 i have, if only RGB... But it's a SOLID keyboard.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

duh

Well, you would be surprised how many people buy "gaming" branded things just because they think it is actually better for gaming. On the other hand though, there are some "gaming" branded things that are actually great products and work well beyond the realm of games. 

other than msi ''gaming'' stuff or asus ''gaming'' stuff......... 

other wise this rule has been general knowledge scince like... 2007.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

The tramp stamp logo on their gaming products kills me to no end though ;(

Black tape makes a world of difference. The logo isn't even that bad.

Gaming is bit more complicated than that. With some products it means better quality and more features that you actually could use while on others its just bell and whistles. On one note, I haven't seen threads about "gaming" mobos and ram for a while so the problem isn't as big as it was year ago.

Gaming in peripherals like mice, keyboards and mousemats is OK. It means that they are better quality than basic office stuff. Sure, with lights and macros and such with no sense in office enviroment. Gaming stuff is usually black, with more options on setup and extra buttons. Ergonomics can be good but office grade has usually better. So in those three Gaming is good thing in general.

In audio stuff I would avoid it. Gaming is usually better than basic but worse than real audio products. True that my opinion is based on Creatives Fatal1ty stuff from way back. But I have since used Siberia V2 and keep my thoughts. Gaming audio is usually bit cheaper than what you would normally pay for decent audio stuff. But getting not-that-comfortable stuff with some bling against better quality for maybe twice as much? I'll take latter.

In hardware it makes no sense at all. Gaming stuff is usually better than normal but weaker than extreme or overclocker editions. Funny, since latter used to be what current gaming branded stuff was called. Getting gaming branded ram or mobos will only give more LEDs, some nice graphics on top and maybe better software for tuning. Nothing with value really. With GPUs its about same but without OC editions. They use different categorizing anyway. With pffice, performance and professional editions.

I could go on with Gaming chairs and other apparel but why bother? I think I covered my opinions on gaming stuff already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I pick stuff on the way it looks, and I prefer things that are high quality in terms of lifespan and durability,

I thought Razer's signature green light made my computer run faster?

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

Pro tip, When making your battle station, put the money into the pc, get a cheep mouse and keyboard and monitor and headphones. Then upgrade them as you pass christmas, your birthday, Eid and getting good grades. Only works when your a teen. 

Has someone taken your faith?

Its real, the pain you feel. 

Do your research before you buy things to avoid being suckered into snake oil. Some "gaming" branded products are BS, others are great.

Buying gaming mice may offer perks such as dumb LEDs but they can also offer customizability and in some cases better tracking. That is not to say that good tracking isn't available in some consumer level mice. Some $15 office mice with optical sensors track better than certain $60+ gaming mice with deficient laser technology. Also you may want more buttons, although if you're a PC gamer, your keyboard has enough buttons so fuck that.

As for gaming keyboards, I don't think that should exist. Just buy a keyboard with the layout you like, and the switches you like if you buy mechanical.  But yeah the main thing is read reviews.

Just asking for dedicated sound chip on a motherboard and Intel Gigabit LAN (or Atheros Killer Network) will cost more. Then you simply should not place a high end CPU (such as 4790K or FX AMD CPU) on a motherboard that has only 4-PIN power header for the CPU. If you do this bad things are bound to happen.

Then it's the chipset cooler used by the manufacturer. I've seen many boards with 990FX chipset that had no cooling or a tiny one which is just causing problems.

Last but not least there is the size? The smaller the form factor the higher the price.

I'm not even talking about good looks, extensive features for OC or additional features such as WiFi, BlueTooth, NFC which I guess not many of us do need.

It's all about finding the best one that will fit your build and your budget, not only skipping the board that have gaming in their name. MSI, Asus for example do have "Gaming" boards that are very well build and come at a good price.

Stop spreading lies, heathen judas mofo.

My gaming Asian improved my KD ratio by several newtons.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!