Is my Gtx 980 performing ok? Crysis 3 - question.

sew999

Hello. I have a question. When playing Crysis on V.HIGH + TXAA 2x i have a dips to 45 fps when there are big fight and many water on a screen. Is not too low? If i change to FXAA i have 60-70 fps. But with TXAA 2x i have dips to 45 fps when there is a water in a screen and shooting to enemy ( Welcome to Jungle level ). Is not too low 45 fps? I have only dips to 45 fps when on a screen is many water + enemies.

I am using 1920x1080.

Hello. I have a question. When playing Crysis on V.HIGH + TXAA 2x i have a dips to 45 fps when there are big fight and many water on a screen. Is not too low? If i change to FXAA i have 60-70 fps. But with TXAA 2x i have dips to 45 fps when there is a water in a screen and shooting to enemy ( Welcome to Jungle level ). Is not too low 45 fps? I have only dips to 45 fps when on a screen is many water + enemies.

I am using 1920x1080.

What is your full build for reference? And what OS?

Don;t forget to follow your topics

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have Asus Strix 980 and 4790k. I am using Txaa 2x. And on level Welcome to the Jungle on place where is many water + enemies i have dips to 45 fps. Is this ok?

mid to high 70's seems to be the top end and mid to low 60's the lowest in most benchmarks for crysis 3 on Very High settings.

But thats on a system where the limiting factor is the GPU. your gpu and or ram could be the bottleneck causing lower results.

source: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/8

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Hmmm ok so Txaa 2x is so demanding even with 980. I will paste screen from place what i am talking about. Sec..

How possible this is. A guy with Gtx 680 have 60 - 70fps + with 1920x1080 V.HIGH + TXAA 2x. I with Gtx 980 and with the same details have 45-60 fps on the same place.