LAN-Party Pranks that You PPL think are OK!

enRodjavel

So I was at DreamHack Summer this year in Sweden (as Usually, have been at all DHs since the beginnig of 2001) and there were alot of Pranks between the Guys this year (we were a bunch of 16 friend on the same lane, sitting across and besides eachother).

Some of the Pranks were a bit rude and crude so I just thought it would be fun to see how far ppl go with Pranks on friends PC's and Peripheral's.

These Two are some of my Favorites:

Upside-down internet is allways fun. A little Prank that turns some things in the Browser Upside-Down xD

http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html

shot3.png

And then it's the NCAGE if the Friend You are Pranking has Chrome as His/her Default Browser:

On his/her computer, go into the Chrome store, search for NCAGE and add it as an add-on to the Browser.
NCAGE will do so all the images in the browser is changed to pictures of Nicolas Cage.
(NCAGE can be a bit buggy, but should work. Works only on Google Chrome)

LnECzqr.jpg

So PPL you up for Sharing some of Your Favorite Pranks?

//best Regards enRödjävel
i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

LOL

i just installed ncage, its so awesome! :D thx.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

All i know is: Don't do shit that you wouldn't like happening to yourself. That usually works, some is accepting less and some is accepting a bit more.

I hate when people touch my pc so i would probably hate if somebody did that to me.

But then again i was a douche-bag when i was a kid back at school where i may or may not have put a site called nobrain as homepage on half the classes pc. (Also the main server for the school oops) ;D

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

All i know is: Don't do shit that you wouldn't like happening to yourself. That usually works, some is accepting less and some is accepting a bit more.

I hate when people touch my pc so i would probably hate if somebody did that to me.

But then again i was a douche-bag when i was a kid back at school where i may or may not have put a site called nobrain as homepage on half the classes pc. (Also the main server for the school oops) ;D

Yeah I can relate to the Don't mess with ma PC but still it's a LAN-Party and most often You can't get away from the Occational Prank ;D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

oh god

oh god why did i look it up 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

oh god why did i look it up 

I decided to look it up too... ^_^ Big Mistake.... :mellow:

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

If the LAN is set up appropriately, and I know the guy sitting across from me, I may switch his keyboard connection with mine. Ofc I'd never do that to someone I don't know. LANs are so much less stressful when I have to curbstomp some guy in the middle of the floor.

Hey spammer how about gtfo?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

An old and harmless trick is to do a screen capture of the desktop, and make it the background. Then move all of the icons into a folder and hide the task bar. When he tries to click on what he thinks are the icons (desktop background image), then obviously nothing will work.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

An old and harmless trick is to do a screen capture of the desktop, and make it the background. Then move all of the icons into a folder and hide the task bar. When he tries to click on what he thinks are the icons (desktop background image), then obviously nothing will work.

You ca also go into task manager and turn off explorer.exe, that usually results in some confusion; as well as being an easy fix.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda