Unboiling eggs! The future of cancer treatment!

XTankSlayerX

NO ONE, is blaming the doctors. As with all industries, it's the jackass lawyers and businessmen at the top we don't trust.

Exacty. Thanks.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Still blocked. "for copyright purposes"

Now?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Now?

Yerp

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yerp

yerp works or yerp not works?

changed it again. how about now?

Edited by Litargirio

yerp works or yerp not works?

Still blocked.

Still blocked.

now?

Okay, one of these conspiracy types. Lets have a go. 

The field of medical research is huge. Very huge. The field of pharmaceutical research isn't the only one that is involved in coming up with drugs. There are around half a dozen ways you can get into the drug making business, don't need big pharma for it. Any old lab with a powerful computer can actually start the searches.

You're tell me that out of the tens of millions of doctors and researchers (both academic, private and public) that one has solved cancer? Of any form? You realize that kind of thing wouldn't stay quiet? The field of research is too connected for something that big to stay quiet. 

FFS, we researchers blow our loads when we find a new protein that shows better results in treatments, and you seriously think that Pharma is suppressing the cures across the globe? Really? I find that fucking insulting from a nobody on the internet who doesn't know shit on how research is done. 

Our lab is trialling a few new biomarkers for treatment. The stuff could make prostate cancer detection a great order more accurate (if it pans out). The other trial is actually looking at new drugs to be used in conjunction with the new prostate cancer detection and treatment protocols. Its exciting for me since in 5 years time, my name might be part of a GLOBAL revamp on prostate protocols. 

So with no due respect to you and people like you, fuck off with your conspiracy level bullshit. Cures for cancer and other big name diseases would be too well known to be hidden and buried. We'd want that stuff out there, ASAP. And you think Pharma cares? Do you? You know how often we come across special requisitions for very experimental drugs (usually in cancer) that the government an Pharma company are happy to have used? You think they don't want to be able to charge 2,000,000 a pop for a drug that cures you of the cancer you have? Cause guess what, they do. They'd happily do it. We'd happily pay for it. 

God, people like you and the bullshit you spread disgust me. I'm going to be spending my life working on and figuring out how to beat one type of cancer. Piss off if you think we're sitting around with our heads up our asses hiding the cures because we got paid off. 

Kudos to you for being a hard working scientist, trying to make world a better place. 

Don't blame people for having conspiracy theories, in a situation where the only target corporations have, by default, is making as much money as possible, and they are not even trying to hide it too well anymore, apart from spewing general corpo-nonsense around that only burger-brains could believe.

Not getting into pharma yet, but yesterday there was news about Hershey getting a deal with sweets importer, effectively banning part of EU competition from the sweets market in US, protecting it's inferior products to "protect the consumers from mistaking packaging"...

Every day on this forums you can read about cable companies forcing US to live in stone age when it comes to the internet, going to the lengths of corrupting politicians to ban local competition.

What would make pharma immune from this corpo disease?

US has some of the most screwed up system, where normal practitioners, insurance companies and pharma corpos have deals that make normal 15 minute procedures cost thousands of dollars. 

When you combine both of those things and ask whether a pharma company is more willing to let a 5000$ drug on the market, that would cure cancer vs forcing you to years of treatments costing tens of thousands of dollars a year, which one would seem more likely for a corporation? And US is not doing a jack to prohibit that.

Can't speak for everyone, but I myself would be more willing to believe, when interest of drug producers was to make patients as healthy as possible - aka if pharma companies would operate as gov controlled - decent country needs its citzens to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible, with lowest costs to the country, quite the opposite of the interests of corpos :)

EDIT:

You are looking at it from a perspective of, from what i understand, researcher. I'm looking at it from the perspective of person who had to deal with 5 people fairly closely connected to me with cancer. The 2 of them who run conventional treatment died off in pain, the 3 who bailed out in fear and went for more unconventional routes are doing fairly well. There are bazzilions of reasons making this is a non-important and non-significant example, especially considering the sample size, but i'm not seeing any reason to believe the other side either...

One more thing - I'm saying this from a perspective of IT guy working for IT corpo. You may have heard of ITIL, if not, check wiki. In ITIL there's something called Problem Management, whose role is to find root causes of IT issues and permanent solutions for them. That's the theory. Reality of corp, is to make it look very nice to the customers, with fancy graphs and charts, while having internal limits to not fix too much too good too quckly, as it would lower the amount of incidents and potentially devalue the contract. A "healthy" balance is kept, of having issues resolved in a time period, that would allow new issues to arise, mostly from changes in infrastructure. Hell, some customer side apps are kept permanently semi-broken by not sharing critical data to avoid lowering amount of issues reported. Customer is fed information that remaking the app he has would be several times more contract wise, than keeping people who repair it over and over again.

I would love to believe in corp, but I can't. Damn it.

Kudos to you for being a hard working scientist, trying to make world a better place. 

Don't blame people for having conspiracy theories, in a situation where the only target corporations have, by default, is making as much money as possible, and they are not even trying to hide it too well anymore, apart from spewing general corpo-nonsense around that only burger-brains could believe.

Not getting into pharma yet, but yesterday there was news about Hershey getting a deal with sweets importer, effectively banning part of EU competition from the sweets market in US, protecting it's inferior products to "protect the consumers from mistaking packaging"...

Every day on this forums you can read about cable companies forcing US to live in stone age when it comes to the internet, going to the lengths of corrupting politicians to ban local competition.

What would make pharma immune from this corpo disease?

US has some of the most screwed up system, where normal practitioners, insurance companies and pharma corpos have deals that make normal 15 minute procedures costing thousands of dollars. 

When you combine both of those things and ask whether a pharma company is more willing to let a 5000$ drug on the market, that would cure cancer vs forcing you to years of treatments costing tens of thousands of dollars a year, which one would seem more likely for a corporation? And US is not doing a jack to prohibit that.

Can't speak for everyone, but I myself would be more willing to believe, when interest of drug producers was to make patients as healthy as possible - aka if pharma companies would operate as gov controlled - decent country needs its citzens to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible, with lowest costs to the country, quite the opposite of the interests of corpos :)

^this. So much this^

I do prefer capitalism, but it does need some restraints and limitations.

You should be able to untoast your burnt toast in a few years. Let the hype train prep for boarding.

I was thinking exactly that while reading the article

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

@shujin  @Trik'Stari @Jasmin @Victorious Secret

In case anyone is interested, I downloaded and reuploaded the documentary. It works now. If you watch it until the end, you will not regret it.

Edit: nevermind, it got blocked already :wacko: This is so frustrating...

Edit2: it can be downloaded here (the video has been banned in USA and Canada):

http://en.savefrom.net/#url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=N4alCz_L91g&utm_source=youtube.com&utm_medium=short_domains&utm_campaign=www.ssyoutube.com

Edited by Litargirio

There are plenty of ways to protect yourself from cancer

You cannot "protect yourself" from cancer; we all have cancer cells and it boils down to genetic factors, the environment and how well take care of ourselves. 

But you cannot simply do this, and this, and this, and this and become immortal to cancer- doesn't work that way.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You cannot "protect yourself" from cancer; we all have cancer cells and it boils down to genetic factors, the environment and how well take care of ourselves. 

But you cannot simply do this, and this and this and this and become immortal to cancer- doesn't work that way.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Sweet. I've had a few family members die from cancer. My dad got cancer and almost died multiple times from it. (He's the first in my family to live from it) It is also the reason why he is completely blind in one eye. He had a stroke about 6 months after losing the kidney that had it. And his brother (my uncle) got lung cancer, but treatments worked and he's cured, he's just lucky not to go through as much as my dad did.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This is neat I guess.

They dissolve the protein with urea/water and then vortex the solutions until the proteins reform.  

Wish I could read the full paper on it because I'm assuming there's a bit more to it than that, not paying for it though.

Spinning this as a cancer cure or w/e is silly though.  This simply allows for material reconstitution and make it a bit more economic for certain forms of treatment, but that's about the extent of it.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

But you cannot simply do this, and this, and this, and this and become immortal to cancer- doesn't work that way.

Well obviously.

However, theres a few things that have been proven to kill cancer cells in small amounts - Although I'm not gonna argue because you seem to know more than me about it all O.o

Litargirio, on 28 Jan 2015 - 02:07 AM, said:

@shujin  @Trik'Stari @Jasmin @Victorious Secret

In case anyone is interested, I downloaded and reuploaded the documentary. It works now. If you watch it until the end, you will not regret it.

It shows up for me now.

Ahh hell, might as well drop it here. Take of it what you will if you need it. Avert your eyes if you refuse to accept medicine that doesn't suggest taking aspirin every time you have cold.

My doctor, who was the person that treated the 3 cancer survivors i know, swears by a very simple method that lowers the chance of reaching critical levels of cancerous cells - going through a fever or common cold once or twice a year and not doing the stupid (if you don't have immune issues that is) thing of killing off your immune system with fever suppressants and antibiotics. Your body will, apart from clearing the infection, seek out mutations and deal with them as with foreign organisms.

Apart from this he suggest minimizing the intake of substances that fight with your immune system, unless required. Good diet, low on mass produced low quality food full of antibiotics, hormones and cheapo additives, avoiding indigestible food like dairy, unless it's a highly clean product like parmigianno regiano, but still not too often. Clear air, mineral water (not spring) - that sort of stuff.

If you are an unlucky person, consider mistletoe extract... http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/mistletoe/patient/page1Iscador is the one i know off. There are opinions presented by certain doctors that it should only be used to help alleviate the issue of normal chemo. This is not how it helped the people i know. Mistletoe is a poison. But unlike chemo, which is used to poison your body into submission via the use of heavy metals, mistletoe extracts are used in smaller portions to stimulate immune reactions. Support people with cancer, whatever type of treatment they chose, even if it is sitting on a nail board and watching butterflies - if you intend to show your worry and doubt you can do more harm than help - that's silly psychology for you too...

-snip-

I already have watched 30 minutes of it and it's really interesting will surely watch the rest tonight

-snip-

it seems the problem is the current way we live (never be sick is a good thing) which is totally false. We should learn to live with having sickness time to time than never be sick at all but die in one shot when we caught something. Well I'm not an expert but with what I know it seems obvious that the more you're sick the better your immune system is.