Noobs Guide to LoL?

DeadSurvivor

I know I should probrally be on the LoL forums but you guys are cooler and nicer. Any help? 

Started playing League a few months ago and love it! 

Unlike most games, its better to be passive and wait until you have the best opportunity to kill. Its always better to live and not get the kill than die and get a kill!

I just browsed and read through this!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=556519

Good luck!

Main Rig | Dell u3415w | Enthoo Evolv ATX - Intel i7 5930k - Corsair H110i GTX - ASUS X99-A - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - WD Black 1TB - Corsair LPX 4x8GB - EVGA ACX 780 Ti |

Home Media Server | Fractal Design Node 304 - Intel 4770k - ASUS Z87I Deluxe - Kingston V300 120GB - 2x Western Digital Red 3TB - Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB |

Developer System | 2012 Apple Mac Mini - Intel i5 - 16GB - Samsung 840 250GB - 500GB |

Commuting Tech | 2015 Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Intel i5 - 8GB - 128GB | Apple iPad Air 16GB | iPhone 6 64GB |

There isn't much to teach pre-level 30, play until you hit level 30, then look for help. You just need to play the game to learn, if you want to start learning how the game works once you get up into the high levels of play watch the LCS (League Championship Series) games, or watch pro's live stream to just get a feel for how things should be played. Otherwise just level up to 30, use your IP on Champions until you hit level 21, then start getting some Runes too, once you hit 30 runes will be very important.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Ward well.
Try to focus on a few champs and different roles; get really good at them.
Try to push your character to the limit; you will start learning what you can/can't do and once you're very comfortable with the character, you can start making plays.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

DOTA 2 !

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I know I should probrally be on the LoL forums but you guys are cooler and nicer. Any help? 

Simple guide : don't install it. :D

But seriously, I can't help you with this, I just wish you (if you're really gonna play this) the best of luck, specially with 80% of the toxic players.

As a starter, try picking Top and Mid Lanes as they are better for a LoL Newbie but once you like reached level 15 and above, try picking Bot Lane. There are 2 Roles at Bot Lane, AD Carry (ADC) and Support. AD Carries are like Quinn, Twitch, Vayne, Draven, Varus, etc... mostly those ranged AD Champs are AD Carries. They are easy to use and deals alot of damage to enemies. But if you chose ADC, you must know how to last hit like in Dota 2 because the Carry needs more gold to carry his team to Victory. Give me your Summoner Name and i will add you and maybe sometime we can play together.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

Anyone know which Champions are best to start out with? or at least easy to learn?

The best / easiest way to get good, is watch pro player replays / youtube vids. Watching pros will give you real insight on tips and tricks you cant learn just from playing.

There are two parts to being good at a game. (especially strategy games)

1. The mechanics - basic fundamentals of game. (controls, knowledge of heros, items, ect.)

2. Metagame  - Strategy, tactics. accomplishing proper strategies and "builds" is impossible without mastering #1.

I hope these points help you in your journey to be a good player :D

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Anyone know which Champions are best to start out with? or at least easy to learn?

Depends on what type of champions you like to play? High damage dealers? Magic Casters?, tanks?

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

play tryndamere, quinn, draven, darius, katarina, amumu, and you'll automatically win.

seriously. LoL is a terrible game and this comes from someone that used to be on diamond tier. the game is absolute shit with a absolute shit player base, with absolute retards.

play dota2 or hon.

Master Yi, Ryze, Nasus, Garen, Fiddlesticks, and Sivir.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

I like Melee fighters, sometimes range, and the only tank I like is Cho'Gath. Which is better, Jarvan IV or Jax?

I like Melee fighters, sometimes range, and the only tank I like is Cho'Gath. Which is better, Jarvan IV or Jax?

There is really no such thing as "Better" outside of a hand full of champions that are just garbage, it just depends on what you plan to do in a given game, Jarvan is better as an off tank who CCs the enemy team, he is an initiator too. Jax is more a duelest champion, better in 1v1 situations and snow balls really hard. Or at least he used to, he's less popular in S3 then he was in S2

Thanks guys! Everyday I read this I feel like im getting better! Feel free to post more tips!

Started playing League a few months ago and love it! 

Unlike most games, its better to be passive and wait until you have the best opportunity to kill. Its always better to live and not get the kill than die and get a kill!

I just browsed and read through this!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=556519

Good luck!

What server do you play on bro? I also started a few months ago so it would be nice to get to know and play with some other guys around my skill.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well I started a few months ago but things that I can recommend to try and do is

• Keep farming
  • Select a few champs of each role that you will try and master, playing only those select few
  • Be random and unpredictable in your play - Applies to all online games, just try and outsmart your opponent.
  • Try and counter pick enemies when you can - Certain champs lineup better vs others

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well I started a few months ago but things that I can recommend to try and do is

• Keep farming
  • Select a few champs of each role that you will try and master, playing only those select few
  • Be random and unpredictable in your play - Applies to all online games, just try and outsmart your opponent.
  • Try and counter pick enemies when you can - Certain champs lineup better vs others

I just go 400 rp and dont know which champion I should get. I mostly played with Darven as a F2P but idk what to choose. Any help?