Which TIM to choose

So I have built my PC and Cooler which I used was Swiftech H240-x, as the problem went on I applied  thermal compound and put the block on top, than I remembered that I forgot to peel of the plastic so I immediately (30 sec later) unscrewed it and removed it added a bit more TIM which was kind of wierd but I did. So now my temperature is 36C (5930k) on aida 64 it was 64C on load stock settings. Now I want to get Noctua NF-A14 PWM, and to get artic cleaner to clean the CPU and apply TIM. Which TIM should I buy to get good results, most of them are similar but which one preforms better...

you will need to remove all the paste and start again. Once you remove the heatsink and air gets between them then it will no longer function correctly. You should be using a small amount (pea sized) dot in the center.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Don't buy artic cleaner... alcohol is cheaper

Also doesn't Noctua coolers come with NT-H1?

Well "Swiftech which is cooler it came with the paste but I have only very very small amount which is I think not enough... This cleaner costs $7 and I am kind of sceptic, I don't even know where to get isopropyl alcohol haha xD. So I guess it should be cleaned good.

you will need to remove all the paste and start again. Once you remove the heatsink and air gets between them then it will no longer function correctly. You should be using a small amount (pea sized) dot in the center.

Should I spread it with some plastic on finger just to make sure that it will cover everything... BTW should I remove CPU from the socket and clean it?

Well "Swiftech which is cooler it came with the paste but I have only very very small amount which is I think not enough... This cleaner costs $7 and I am kind of sceptic, I don't even know where to get isopropyl alcohol haha xD. So I guess it should be cleaned good.

Should I spread it with some plastic on finger just to make sure that it will cover everything... BTW should I remove CPU from the socket and clean it?

yes remove all the paste, No just put the dot in the middle and you placing the heatsink ontop will do the rest for you.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

yes remove all the paste, No just put the dot in the middle and you placing the heatsink ontop will do the rest for you.

Which TIM to get, I don't know which one to buy I have x99 Rampage V Extreme and 5930k... I need something for that. I really don't know nothing about TIM's and please give me some good recommendation so I can immediately order. P.S. I know they are all similar etc. but in some cases they are not, if I could get on my own I would not ask...

Which TIM to get, I don't know which one to buy I have x99 Rampage V Extreme and 5930k... I need something for that. I really don't know nothing about TIM's and please give me some good recommendation so I can immediately order. P.S. I know they are all similar etc. but in some cases they are not, if I could get on my own I would not ask...

I would get Arctic Silver

Total: $6.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-24 20:29 EST-0500

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I've used quite a few. Tuniq TX-4 is probably the best I've seen for air or water. its a bit pricey, but its worth it.

[spoiler=from http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/geek_tested_17_thermal_pastes_face?page=0,1]gallery_62868_1880_48818.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I always use MX4

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I came off using Arctic Silver and then made a move to "Arctic MX-4". I saw a 7c difference, which I think is pretty cool. :P  But I got it when it was 12$, now it is 30$, so you probably shouldn't get it.

I suggest the same thing as @Briggsy.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I've use quite a few. Tuniq TX-4 is probably the best I've seen for air or water. its a bit pricey, but its worth it.

[spoiler=from http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/geek_tested_17_thermal_pastes_face?page=0,1]gallery_62868_1880_48818.png

I've used quite a few. Tuniq TX-4 is probably the best I've seen for air or water. its a bit pricey, but its worth it.

I always use MX4

I came off using Arctic Silver and then made a move to "Arctic MX-4". I saw a 7c difference, which I think is pretty cool. :P  But I got it when it was 12$, now it is 30$, so you probably shouldn't get it.

I suggest the same thing as @Briggsy.

I always use MX4

Is there any smaller MX-4, somethink about 1G, or similar... Tuniq TX-4 does not have some great reviews on newegg...

Is there any smaller MX-4, somethink about 1G, or similar... Tuniq TX-4 does not have some great reviews on newegg...

Yes there is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186020&cm_re=Arctic_MX-4-_-35-186-020-_-Product

That's as small as it gets.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

But this one is not MX4 this one is MX2...

What?! The links changed, what the hell...give me a second.

EDIT

The cheapest you can get of the MX-4 on Newegg is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186056

On Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-MX-4-Carbon-Based-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0045JCFLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422162216&sr=8-1&keywords=Arctic+MX-4

EDIT

On Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-MX-4-Carbon-Based-Thermal-Compound/dp/B0045JCFLY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422162216&sr=8-1&keywords=Arctic+MX-4

I guess when I go overkill with everything I guess I have to go with this too :S Where would you order before from, this from Amazon is not sold by amazon but by Giino-US, it would be $16.55 compared to $20 which would be more reliable? And BTW thank you for the help and sorry for long time for response

EDIT

On Amazon:

I have found on newegg cheaper MX-4 for 9.99 but it is out of stock :/ That one is 4g, and the one on Amazon is 4g also... but the other one on newegg which you gave the link is 20g... So I don't know what to order xD

MX-4 or IC Diamond

/Thread

Would you get 20g of MX4 for $20 or 4g for $16.55? I really need to apply once I don't know if i will need to do it more times...

Would you get 20g of MX4 for $20 or 4g for $16.55? I really need to apply once I don't know if i will need to do it more times...

It's all up to you is it worth the extra $3.45 for more than 4x as much compound? I have a tube of MX-2 sitting on my desk for easily a year or longer now and I'm pretty sure it's still good. That's one of the benefits of MX-4 paste is that it's not corrosive or conductive so it lasts a long time in the original tube.

Looked at my tube and it's 1.5g and I've done probably 2-3 replacements with it and I still have almost half a tube :D

It's all up to you is it worth the extra $3.45 for more than 4x as much compound? I have a tube of MX-2 sitting on my desk for easily a year or longer now and I'm pretty sure it's still good. That's one of the benefits of MX-4 paste is that it's not corrosive or conductive so it lasts a long time in the original tube.

I will wait a few more days I guess, Noctua NF-A14 PWM just went with price $4 up last hour OMG. I wanted to order 2 of them and the price just went up... So, I guess I have to wait for price to drop again...

I will wait a few more days I guess, Noctua NF-A14 PWM just went with price $4 up last hour OMG. I wanted to order 2 of them and the price just went up... So, I guess I have to wait for price to drop again...

You can always use IC Diamond as well which is just as good.

You can always use IC Diamond as well which is just as good.

So far I have heard that is really good extreme TIM but is it really hard to apply, you have to boil it and then spread with something?

I think it is worth the extra 3$, definitely.