To all those who think the microsoft hololens is ridiculous

Sammael

mass-effect-2-equalizer-dlcb-580px.jpg

Shepard will end you.

I think this demo is, by FAR, the coolest most interesting tech announced all year.  I look forward to trying both this and a consumer rift.  Apple is now the boring company.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I wouldn't consider this a consumer product for a long time if ever. Maybe pro-sumer at best. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It's a cool idea but I think it's still quite a ways off from becoming the next computer.

I know I have no real interest in using it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Really people don't like it? I think its amazing!! I want one although it will probs cost an arm and a leg :/

41HfQco.jpg

Shepard's a faggot anyways. Useless character.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Showing again how a well made concept video can generate a ton of hype for a product thats probably gonna work nowhere nearly as well as shown.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

As one of the guys in the video said.

It's for people who think all those science fiction movie semi-transparent, gesture controlled user interfaces are 'cool'. And that's a lot of people, but they'll change their mind after an hour of using them.

Useless. Waiting till 2020 to spend money on something actually worth it. and OP "SO FAR THIS YEAR" not the entirety of 2015, so you can't speak at all.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

To those of you who think that this is a neat idea, 'grats, fair enough, it is. Not here to debate that. HOWEVER!

If you think that this is a new idea, you're insane, and you probably need a psychiatrist. What they're showing here is just what can be done at a basic hardware level. mobile processors are going to have to become orders of magnitude more powerful than what they are now to do everything that they're talking about at the level that they're talking about. Sensors are going to have to pick up literally every square centimeter of spacial difference and interpret that into something the processor can use.

and this whole glasses craze is stupid, trying to fit the computer and everything into the headset. You would stick out like a sore thumb and everyone would be giving you weird looks. A better solution would be to have the computer as a box that you have in your pocket or on your sleeve or belt, with a coiled data cable with fiber optics for data and copper for power delivery going to what would look like just a normal pair of 3M glasses or even just ordinary glasses. I would totally buy it if it looked exactly the same as my own glasses. And it has to be modular so that said cable can be replaced when needed. The connector cannot be proprietary and it can't be flimsy, it has to lock in place.

So I'm still waiting for that. Maybe once I get out of college I'll just make it myself.

Apple called

they want their video back or legal action will follow.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons